cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M2.2.2, Fatal Error after returning to order confirmation page from Paypal during checkout

M2.2.2, Fatal Error after returning to order confirmation page from Paypal during checkout

I have recently began experiencing an error during checkout in Magento 2.2.2; when you proceed to checkout using paypal (currently using the GeneCommerce paypal extension), all goes well until you finish up on the paypal website, I receive the error below when I land on what should be the Order Review page, the last step of checkout. Can anyone recommend a possible fix?

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function setQuote() on boolean in /home/hrothgar/public_html/vendor/paypal/module-braintree/Controller/Paypal/Review.php:81 Stack trace: #0 /home/hrothgar/public_html/generated/code/Magento/Braintree/Controller/Paypal/Review/Interceptor.php(24): Magento\Braintree\Controller\Paypal\Review->execute() #1 /home/hrothgar/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/Action/Action.php(107): Magento\Braintree\Controller\Paypal\Review\Interceptor->execute() #2 /home/hrothgar/public_html/vendor/paypal/module-braintree/Controller/Paypal/AbstractAction.php(66): Magento\Framework\App\Action\Action->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http)) #3 /home/hrothgar/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(58): Magento\Braintree\Controller\Paypal\AbstractAction>dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http)) #4 /home/hrothgar/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Braintree\Controller\Paypal\Review\Interceptor->___ in /home/hrothgar/public_html/vendor/paypal/module-braintree/Controller/Paypal/Review.php on line 81

2 REPLIES 2

Re: M2.2.2, Fatal Error after returning to order confirmation page from Paypal during checkout

Hello @hrothgar22 

Have you override any paypal file or in your theme if overridden already please run below commands:

rm -rf generated/code/*
chmod -R 0777 var/ pub/ generated/
php bin/magento setup:di:compile

Try it once and let me know if any luck. Thanks

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Re: M2.2.2, Fatal Error after returning to order confirmation page from Paypal during checkout

Hello Manish and thank you for the reply! Yes, I had modified one of the files related to my paypal checkout, but I immediately reverted the change back  to normal, and noticed this problem afterwards. I have attempted the solution you provided but had no luck unfortunately, after removing generated/code/* and re-compiling, the problem persists.