cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M2.2.4 - Category page listing all products (when products per page set to 24)

M2.2.4 - Category page listing all products (when products per page set to 24)

I am experiencing an odd and troubling problem.

On our production environment, all product pages are listing all products on the single page, in which some pages will have north of 2-300 products, which obviously causes incredible load times for the page and the like (even with lazy loading on the images and such).

The peculiar part is with the exact same settings and environment placed on our staging server, it works as expected, and has the paging with only 24 products per page. That is where I am lost as to why/how this is happening.

I have tried all the common methods of having this corrected:

Configuration > Catalog > Catalog > Storefront
---> Setting `Products per Page on Grid Default Value` to the desired value (which is a value given in
     `Products per Page on Grid Allowed Values`

---> Allow All Products per Page set to `No`

I also have tried using XML updates within the categories design themselves, using:

<referenceContainer name="content">
   <referenceBlock name="product_list_toolbar">
      <action method="setDefaultGridPerPage">
             <argument name="limit" xsi:type="string">24</argument>
      </action>
</referenceBlock>

Again, all these changes and testing them with other numbers work on the staging environment but alas on the production, it continues to always stay displaying all products on a single page.

I assume somehow, somewhere be it with messing with different extensions or what, something got hardcoded somewhere or something, but I am at a loss.

Any ideas?? Thanks for the help!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: M2.2.4 - Category page listing all products (when products per page set to 24)

Hello

Can u know layer navigation enabled on site or not?

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Re: M2.2.4 - Category page listing all products (when products per page set to 24)

My theme came with a layered navigation (CleverSoft_CleverLayeredNavigation) to which I have disabled the module on both environments trying to figure the issue out.

It's almost as if somewhere it is stuck in show all products mode, but I have no idea where it could be!

Disregard Update. Issue still stands.

Not only is this going on with the categories, but also, the position sorting with setting other products higher than others has no affect (while it does work on the development site) .. This site only displays the products in ID order in descending order, so newest products first, regardless of how you position them while having the default sorting set to position.

I am also experiencing this same problem, in Magento 2.32 Community. When I click on a category in the menu, all products in that category are being displayed, rather than being limited to the number specified in the settings. I have 9000 products in one category and it is causing massive load times.

I have the FreeGo Theme installed, and layered navigation enabled, which is working, and is limiting and sorting the products correctly when pressing the buttons. But only after the initial page load, which is making our website unusuable.

How can this be fixed?

The bizarre thing is, the number of pages is correct according to the number of products displayed. But if I go to page three and hit reload, it has the adverse affect of displaying all the products again, only with an incorrect product count beside it.

Untitled.png

Hoping your issue has been solved!

I can say I found out the cause of my issue with this was a conflict with an extension. I had an extension (Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce) that was out of date. For whatever reason, that ended up affecting how my category page was displaying.

When I updated the extension to the latest version, all was solved.

Hope it helps!

How to display 4 products at a row like this one ?

Thank you! Deactivate Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce and the pagination is working again.