after a clean install, while meeting all requirement, I get:

Please keep this information for your records:

Magento Admin Info:

Username: XXXXX

Email: XXXX@gmail.com

Password: ******

Your Store Address: http://spysupply.eu/

Magento Admin Address: http://spysupply.eu/XXXXXX

Be sure to bookmark your unique URL and record it offline.

Encryption Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Database Info:

Database Name: xxxxxxxx

Username: xxxxxxxx

Password: ******
For security, remove write permissions from these directories: '/home/xxxxxxx/domains/spysupply.eu/public_html/app/etc'

So I'm a happy guy!
I CHMOD the directory to 644 and press: Launch Magento Admin

The next thing that happens:

Permission denied Warning: require(/home/spyvsspy/domains/spysupply.eu/public_html/app/etc/vendor_path.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in/home/spyvsspy/domains/spysupply.eu/public_html/app/autoload.php on line 16

Help! Smiley Frustrated

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Magento 2.0.2: 'Permission denied' After a clean install and after a 100% Check

Re: Magento 2.0.2: 'Permission denied' After a clean install and after a 100% Check

I missed that doc.

CHMODing all directories and files according the document atm. and check if it works.

FWIW I had to fix all of my permissions after 2.0.1 and 2.0.2.  Note you have to add a dot at the end of your chmod or chown to recursively fix hidden files.

Thnx, leaned something new about that dot, but im using FleZilla to CHMOD instead of the command line.

Does take a while this way though Smiley Very Happy

Ok, so all Directories are 770 and all Files where set to 660. That gave an error that .htaccess could not be 'opened', because 'Permissions were denied'.

So I changed all permissions of .htaccess-files to 644. Is that as it should be? Because there is no mention about that in that doc, but 660 with .htacces doesn't seem right either.

What I have now:

all .htacces-files = 644
public_html = 755
public_html/bin/magento = 755

all other directories = 770

all other files = 660

The error I get now:
"Warning: require(/home/xxxx/domains/spysupply.eu/public_html/app/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/domains/spysupply.eu/public_html/index.php on line 22

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/spyvsspy/domains/spysupply.eu/public_html/app/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/xxxx/domains/spysupply.eu/public_html/index.php on line 22"

Thnx for helping out here.....

So nobody any idea?

Ok, will re-install all over and this time through the terminal.....