cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.1.9 : Can't Import - General System Exception Happened

SOLVED

Magento 2.1.9 : Can't Import - General System Exception Happened

I am unable to import any csv file after upgrading to 2.1.9. I have recompiled, flushed cache, converted to UTF-8, split up the file into smaller pieces,.. and nothing is working. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.1.9 : Can't Import - General System Exception Happened

Please try with one of the row in csv and check for single row, if its working then add chunk of rows and import. So you can clarify whether issue in any specific row or all the row of csv.

if you have csv then please share so we can guide to you.

Thanks.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @sahava,

Can you check if the Magento error logs has some information abou thar error? Also you should check the webserver error log to try to find a clue.

There is nothing relevant in the Magento var/logs directory (debug.log, exception.log, etc). The webserver log also shows nothing, though I do not have too much control as I am in a shared cpanel environment. Also note that this error is happening with a csv with only one product in it. And it is now happening during the “check data” portion of the import. The is a subset of a file that used to work a month ago. Thank you for your help!

Please try with one of the row in csv and check for single row, if its working then add chunk of rows and import. So you can clarify whether issue in any specific row or all the row of csv.

if you have csv then please share so we can guide to you.

Thanks.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thank you Rakesh! You helped me figure out the issue. It seems as though a special character snuck it’s way in to the SKU value in that record. I was not giving an error on the SKU before in the bulk load because the image file was missing (which I had since corrected). Sorry for the wild goose chase, and thank you so much for your help.

-Manpreet