cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.5 - Contact Form Send Failing

Magento 2.2.5 - Contact Form Send Failing

Hello,

I apologise if I have put this in the incorrect place.
I am upgrading a website to the latest Magento 2.2.5 from 1.9.2.2 and have successfully migrated the data and images over using the data migration tool.

The new site is being developed on a subdomain 'development.anglerscorner.co.uk' and for some reason I have been unable to get the contact form working.

When I use the contact form I get this message:
contact-form-error.jpg

I have searched the error logs and these are the errors I am seeing:

exception.log
[2018-07-25 15:31:01] main.CRITICAL: Unable to load theme by specified key: '' {"exception":"[object] (LogicException(code: 0): Unable to load theme by specified key: '' at /home/anglersc/development.anglerscorner.co.uk/vendor/magento/framework/View/Design/Theme/FlyweightFactory.php:69)"} []

update.log
[2018-07-25 15:30:10] setup-cron.ERROR: Your current PHP memory limit is 128M. Magento 2 requires it to be set to 756M or more. As a user with root privileges, edit your php.ini file to increase memory_limit. (The command php --ini tells you where it is located.) After that, restart your web server and try again. [] []

I have spoken with my hosting provider and discussed the memory limit and they made a change to the system and Memory_limit is now 880M, although despite this change I am still seeing errors in update.log regarding the memory being 128M.

I have Cleaned / Flushed the Cache, Reindexed, Cleared Pub/Static, Cleared Var/Cache, Cleared Var/Page_Cache, Cleared Var/View_Processed ....all multiple times.

I have double checked the email config settings and they appear correct.

Cronjobs do exist, please see below, although I openly admit that I am absolutely no expert with cron:

magento2cronjobs.jpg

Are there any generous souls out there with any idea why my contact form is failing like this? It worked perfectly fine before the migration.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2.2.5 - Contact Form Send Failing

Its not an error message but its showing message that your contact information is not sent via email. So you need to configure email in your server. Its issue related to Email you need to configure email in your server to outcome your issue.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Re: Magento 2.2.5 - Contact Form Send Failing

Hello,

Thank you for the response. Sorry I am very uncertain about what the issue would be with our server, emails are set up on our server and have been for a long time... way before I migrated the data from our Magento 1.9.2.2 site.
Our contact form worked fine on our old site and so did the cronjob, I have double checked all the email related settings in Magento and they are the exact same for what we had on our old Magento 1.9.2.2 site.
The only thing that has changed here is that the Magento version is now 2.2.5 and we have 3 new cronjobs.Am I correct that the Cronjobs must be working correctly for the contact form to send?

var/log/update.cron.log says:  Please check var/log/update.log for execution summary.
and update.log says the :    setup-cron.ERROR: Your current PHP memory limit is 128M, Magento 2 requires it to be set to 756M or more.
As said previously, my hosting increased that value but now I am having data usage spikes.
Could there be something migrated in the database relating to cron that could cause this? Or is there anything obviously wrong with our cronjobs?