cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.4.3 - unable to update attributes on multiple products

SOLVED

Magento 2.4.3 - unable to update attributes on multiple products

Hello. After upgrading my Magento from 2.4.2-p1 to 2.4.3, I cannot bulk edit multiple products. If I click Update Attributes, make a change and click Save, I get the following error:

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Magento\InventoryCatalog\Model\GetSkusByProductIdsCache::execute() must be of the type array, null given, called in /public_html/vendor/magento/module-inventory-catalog/Plugin/Catalog/Controller/Adminhtml/Product/Action/Attribute/Save/ProcessInventoryPlugin.php on line 99 and defined in /public_html/vendor/magento/module-inventory-catalog/Model/GetSkusByProductIdsCache.php:43
Stack trace:
#0 /public_html/vendor/magento/module-inventory-catalog/Plugin/Catalog/Controller/Adminhtml/Product/Action/Attribute/Save/ProcessInventoryPlugin.php(99): Magento\InventoryCatalog\Model\GetSkusByProductIdsCache->execute()
#1 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(146): Magento\InventoryCatalog\Plugin\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\ProcessInventoryPlugin->afterExecute()
#2 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(153): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}()
#3 /public_html/generated/code/Magento/Catalog/Controller/Adminhtml/Product/Action/Attribute/Save/Interceptor.php(23): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\Interceptor->___callPlugins()
#4 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/Action/Action.php(111): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\Interceptor->execute()
#5 /public_html/vendor/magento/module-backend/App/AbstractAction.php(151): Magento\Framework\App\Action\Action->dispatch()
#6 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(58): Magento\Backend\App\AbstractAction->dispatch()
#7 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\Interceptor->___callParent()
#8 /public_html/vendor/magento/module-backend/App/Action/Plugin/Authentication.php(143): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}()
#9 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(135): Magento\Backend\App\Action\Plugin\Authentication->aroundDispatch()
#10 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(153): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}()
#11 /public_html/generated/code/Magento/Catalog/Controller/Adminhtml/Product/Action/Attribute/Save/Interceptor.php(32): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\Interceptor->___callPlugins()
#12 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php(245): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\Action\Attribute\Save\Interceptor->dispatch()
#13 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php(212): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->getActionResponse()
#14 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php(147): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->processRequest()
#15 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(58): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->dispatch()
#16 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callParent()
#17 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(153): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}()
#18 /public_html/generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/FrontController/Interceptor.php(23): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callPlugins()
#19 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php(116): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->dispatch()
#20 /public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php(264): Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch()
#21 /public_html/pub/index.php(29): Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run()
#22 {main}

Can someone assist with resolving this issue please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.4.3 - unable to update attributes on multiple products

One of the reasons could be because of session size exceeded 

as when you do mass update it's getting productids from backend session.

Try the below solution and then see if it works or not

bin/magento config:set system/security/max_session_size_admin 0
bin/magento c:f

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I am having the exact same issue. Magento 2.4.3

One of the reasons could be because of session size exceeded 

as when you do mass update it's getting productids from backend session.

Try the below solution and then see if it works or not

bin/magento config:set system/security/max_session_size_admin 0
bin/magento c:f

Having run those commands on my test site, I can confirm that they do resolve the issue! Is this issue related to this Github issue? As I thought the problem must be related to a change made in 2.4.3?

Yes, it's because of changes made to 2.4.3. Good to know that it's resolved now

Worked great, thanks!