cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 can't login to a dashboard

Magento 2 can't login to a dashboard

Hi everybody,

Please help me to fix my problem. Recently, I installed magento 2 on a hosting via centos 7. Everything works good but I can't get access to my dashboard. When I'm trying to log in, I get next message " You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled". I know that I'm using correct password and username. Which command,  will help me out to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Magento 2 can't login to a dashboard

The problem could be because of a top-level domain usage like localhost.

Hello,

If you use a top-level domain usage like localhost, you try @Dmitry_Fedyuk guide.

If not, you should take a look into: vendor/magento/module-user/Observer/Backend/AuthObserver.php to see more detail.  Additionally, find table admin_user to remove the "lock" information:

UPDATE admin_user a SET a.`failures_num` = 0, a.`first_failure` = NULL, a.`lock_expires` = NULL WHERE a.`username` = 'admin';

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

I have same errror: You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled.

and can't login to a dashboard.

A remove and reinstall but the same error. I tried the solution above bu the same error.

What can I do?

So what was the solution to this? unlocking user from cli does not work either..

Facing this issue again and again and no idea how to resolve this....Please some one help me out in this?

I have this problem as well

anyone can help to fix it?

Have a solution already?

Did you make sure the password is formatted properly? I had this issue using the cli command magento setup:install. The install completes and says everything is ok but the password is not validated and actually causes an error when trying to use it.

https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/2077

User Requirements:

User Name is a required field.
First Name is a required field.
Last Name is a required field.
Please enter a valid email.
Password is required field.
Your password must be at least 7 characters.
Your password must include both numeric and alphabetic characters.

I have same errror: You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled.

and can't login to a dashboard.

A remove and reinstall but the same error. I tried the solution above bu the same error.

What can I do?