cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 plug installation problem

Magento 2 plug installation problem

Hi!  I am install Magento 2 in server. So everything is fine, but when i try istall some extensions - will come the message:

Your current PHP memory limit is 128M. Magento 2 requires it to be set to
756M or more. As a user with root privileges, edit your php.ini file to
increase memory_limit. (The command php --ini tells you where it is
located.) After that, restart your web server and try again.

Well there is 2 problem in this message - and it can be problem in the code level inside the Magento 2.

1. Server local value memory_limit is 756M -- so should be fine, but  the serve Master value is 128M.  So in normal none software don't want control Master value area. In normal none a hosting company dont want change the master value area, but local value (whene excatly the Magento working) we can chance, like prequest need. 

Question: is these problem inside the Magento that try looking the Master value memory limit??, how we can fix this problem.

2. The message is intresting: when we chance memory limit - no ned reboot the server.?!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 2 plug installation problem

You wouldn't need to reboot the server. If you make web server configuration changes you may need to gracefully reload/restart the web server. 

In terms of memory limit, Magento's test for what memory is available is pretty reliable. Do be careful that there are two PHP memory settings, one for command line and one for the web server. You'll want both to be set at a reasonable level. It could be that only one is set at 756mb.

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!