cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Order Problem, Voided authorization for no reason?

Magento Order Problem, Voided authorization for no reason?

I am using the magento 2.3.0, and use the Stripe extension to take payment. I recently noticed that there is one order status was marked as "Suspected Fraud". The order history showing "Voided authorization". Therefore, Magento sends a POST request to Stripe to refund. I need some help to identify why the system void a payment authorization? I cannot find any button to do this at the backend. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento Order Problem, Voided authorization for no reason?

Magento Voided Authorization.JPGComments History.JPG

Void Button.JPGI just found there is a VOID button on Magento, however, this button do not show up on every order, can someone explain when this Void button will show up?

Hi xiaofei_li, there could be several reasons why a payment authorization was voided by the system. Here are some possible causes:

- The customer cancelled the payment: The customer may have cancelled or abandoned the payment process before completing it. In this case, the payment authorization would be voided automatically.

- Payment details entered incorrectly: If the customer entered incorrect payment details such as an incorrect billing address or credit card number, the payment authorization may be voided by the system.

- Suspicious payment activity: The payment authorization may have been voided by the system if there was suspicious activity detected during the payment process. For example, if the payment was attempted from a location that is known for fraudulent activities or if the payment details provided were associated with fraudulent activity.

To identify the reason why the payment authorization was voided, you can check the Stripe dashboard to see if there are any error messages or alerts associated with the payment. You can also check the Magento order details page to see if there are any notes or comments that may provide additional information. Additionally, you can contact Stripe support for further assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

Hope this help!

Mike from Magenest | eCommerce Development Agency

Visit us: https://magenest.com/