cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 How to override setup:upgrade command class file?

Magento2 How to override setup:upgrade command class file?

We are currently running stores which are 1000+ and hence clearing/regenerating is a big challenge. For that we are using cron to generate/clear cache but also we want to remove custom sections of code which do the same like setup:upgrade.

So currently I am trying to remove cache clearing code lines and override Magento\Setup\Console\Command\UpgradeCommand

I would like to do the same for Setup:di:compile and setup:static-content:deploy.

I used the preference method but didn't get the results as magento loads the root setup folder in a different way compared to other magento modules.

Is there any better way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento2 How to override setup:upgrade command class file?

In this article, we will find out how to install and upgrade sql script for module in Magento 2. When you install or upgrade a module, you may need to change the database structure or add some new data for current table. To do this, Magento 2 provide you some classes which you can do all of them.

Kohl's Feedback Survey

Re: Magento2 How to override setup:upgrade command class file?

I haven't found a better way so far than to completely override the file.

To do so, you just need to set a custom "psr-4" autoload path in your project composer.json:

"Magento\\Setup\\Console\\Command\\": "app/code/Your/Module/Console/Command/"

Then copy the entire file into your custom module :

app/code/Your/Module/Console/Command/UpgradeCommand.php

After running "composer install", Composer will load your file instead of the original file.

I'm not really comfortable with this solution, but it works...