cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 Varnish 4, group/special pricing

Magento2 Varnish 4, group/special pricing

I'm stumped on this one and can't find a solution; there are similar questions/solutions but for Magento 1.x

We've had Varnish 4 working great since M2.0.1 - that is, without using group pricing.  Everything works fine (varnish purges, caches etc) and fast but as soon as a customer from a special group logs in, their prices are cached only to confuse the next visitor when they check out (aka go to a secured portion of the site).

For example: standard visitors pay $20/unit, Gold customers $15. If a Gold customer logs in, views products etc, the next visitor will automatically see $15/unit instead of $20. When this next visitor goes to the cart it shows the proper pricing of $20 which is an issue.

I don't know enough programmatically what I'm looking for so my question is, could this be a theme/template issue where price blocks are supposed to be a cacheable/non-cacheable block? And/or has anyone experienced this when using group pricing AND regular visitor pricing?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Magento2 Varnish 4, group/special pricing

Disregard this message - I can't delete my own post. I disabled FPC and all works as it should.

Hi, I'm having the same issue here.
Magento 2.1.3.
Disable the FPC is not best solution I think. Because it will just make the site heavy to load. So we should not disable the FPC on live site.
Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

@yosef_kurniawan

you need to do customer group wise caching.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

The Vary HTTP header is used to allow a cache to distinguish between different types of content.

However, Magento 2 also has additional Vary-like behaviour that allows store/customer specific content to be differentiated in the cache. This is achieved by setting a cookie called X-Magento-Vary, which is then used as part of the VCL hash.

sub vcl_hash {
    if (req.http.cookie ~ "X-Magento-Vary=") {
        hash_data(regsub(req.http.cookie, "^.*?X-Magento-Vary=([^;]+);*.*$", "\1"));
    }

Check your VCL for this rule. Do you have one varnish or many?

I have a similar problem in Magento 2.3.1 but I do not have varnish installed. I have special prices for a group and sometimes they show themselves well and sometimes they do not and it's very confusing. How can i fix this?

Yes, 2.3.2, even not logged in users are sometimes getting group-based tier prices, even int heir shopping carts.
It looks like the prices themselves are cached too somehow regardless of the customer group of the current user.

Experiencing the same where prices are getting cached and shown to wrong groups.