cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturer attribute not showing when creating new simple products

Manufacturer attribute not showing when creating new simple products

I'm new to Magento and am taking over the work of another developer.

Previously I was creating simple, grouped, and configurable products with a manufacturer attribute. My goal was to use it as a filter option on the front end, which was working properly until recently.

The problem is in the Admin view the 'manufacturer' attribute is no longer showing as an option for ALL simple products, existing and new. It is only available for configurable products. Also the attribute has disappeared from simple/bundled products that had the attribute working properly.

How do I make the 'manufacturer' attribute available for all product types again?

Note: I've already gone to category_eav_attribute, and made sure it was apply_to=simple,virtual,bundle,downloadable,configurable

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Manufacturer attribute not showing when creating new simple products

Hi @derek_leong

Make sure that you attribute has been assigned to "Attribute set" from which you are creating products.

Also check your attribute in product_eav_attribute and eav_attribute table once instead if category_eav_attribute table.

I hope it will help you!

@Vimal Kumar wrote:
Hi @derek_leong,

Make sure that you attribute has been assigned to "Attribute set" from which you are creating products.

Yes, it is. 'Manufacturer' is a default attribute, part of the 'default' attribute set. I said that it was working when creating previous products, somewhere along the way I lost the ability to choose a manufacturer for every product type except Configurable Products.

I'm checking product_eav_attribute and eav_attribute now.

I could really use some helpful information.

Have you tried reindexing once and flush the cache?

@Vimal Kumar wrote:
Have you tried reindexing once and flush the cache?

Yes, I've re-indexed and flushed the cache, the issue persists.

I have a 'color' attribute I'm using in a similar way and it has continued to function as expected. At this point I really have no idea what could be the issue. 

I appreciate your efforts to help thus far.

HI @derek_leong ,

Check once is_visible property in the catalog_eav_attribute table for you attribute.  You can get attribute_id from the eav_attribute table.

If it 0 then update it to 1.

UPDATE `catalog_eav_attribute` SET `is_visible` = '1' WHERE `catalog_eav_attribute`.`attribute_id` = YourAttributeId;

It might be issue.

Yes, is_visible = 1

Hello

would you share What  was the problem

i have exactly same problem

Regards,

Gabriel

for the record if it helps anyone, for me changing apply_to to be NULL in category_eav_attribute for the manufacturer attribute fixed my manufacturer not showing issue

>> Note: I've already gone to category_eav_attribute, and made sure it was

>> apply_to=simple,virtual,bundle,downloadable,configurable

this worked for me, thanks