cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating existing content to new website in multi-site setup

Migrating existing content to new website in multi-site setup

I've got a multi-site setup containing ~80 websites that share a catalog.  Right now, we're adding a new website that is all set up but has no products.  All of its products would be existing configurable products that exist on anywhere from 1 to all current websites.  Originally all of these were added via import, which seemed to work just fine.

My problem now is that I can't find an effective way to add a product to the new website since it was not created there.  Can anyone share a good method for copying over an existing configurable product?

If I go into the configurable product "product in websites" section and check the box I want and have it load settings, it is moved over with most of its settings, but all of its simple products are disabled with price 0.

If I do it via the product grid, and selected the configurable + all of its simple products, it has the same issue but now all of the simple products also show up.  I'm having trouble finding the appropriate documentation on this, so if anyone can share how to most easily add an existing configurable product to a new website in a multi-site setup, I'd really appreciate it.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Migrating existing content to new website in multi-site setup

Hello @joseph_digiovanna

you can use mass action of magento2 grid.

Hope it will help you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Re: Migrating existing content to new website in multi-site setup

I've been using mass actions to try to fix things, but I'm not sure how they got to be that way in the first place, which is mostly what I'm concerned about.  Especially the simple products visibility changing, that seems particularly odd.