cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move customers to new site

SOLVED

Move customers to new site

Is it possible to move the customer tables to a new site without customers having to reset their passwords?

Both sites are 2.3.5-p1, the only information I want to bring across is the customers but I believe the passwords wont work afterward, is this correct?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Move customers to new site

@miller75 If you are not customising any thing then magento will use the same encryption key for both the instance and if it is same then customers will not face any issue for there passwords.

If problem solved please accept it as a solution so that it will help others who are facing the same issue.

Let me know if you have any confusion in this.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@miller75 It will work as both will use the same encryption technique so you will not face any issues in this.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply,

I must have misunderstood what I had been reading, I thought there was a specific encryption site key

@miller75 If you are not customising any thing then magento will use the same encryption key for both the instance and if it is same then customers will not face any issue for there passwords.

If problem solved please accept it as a solution so that it will help others who are facing the same issue.

Let me know if you have any confusion in this.

Thanks