cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help to Install Magento 2.1.5 with Sample Data

Need Help to Install Magento 2.1.5 with Sample Data

Hi! I'm currently want to try to use Magento Community 2.1.5. Running Windows 10 and IIS  using PHP 7.0.16. However although I installed, I keep getting same error. It is written as below in 'var/log/system.log' file.

[2017-03-15 07:29:45] main.ERROR: Sample Data error: The path ".://C:/Windows/Temp/C:/Windows/Temp/" is not writable [] []

Here indicating sample data is trying to write to the directory '.://C:/Windows/Temp/C:/Windows/Temp/' rather than 'C:/Windows/Temp/'.

Please do note that, I do know how to convert .htaccess to web.config, and set permission for IIS_IUSRS on all folders including 'C:/Windows/Temp/'. And I doubt it has anything to do with those.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Need Help to Install Magento 2.1.5 with Sample Data

Magento doesn't support IIS officially. It supports Apache and NGINX.

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/install-gde/system-requirements-tech.html

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

I am using 2.1.5 with Xampp in Windows 10. It works perfectly, with and without Composer.

Better than on the remote server as I described elsewhere.

Exactly. Xammp is using apache behind, and that's why it's working good for you.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

To Sinisa:

Thanks for the information! Unfortunately, it is also a bad news for me/us as we required to run on IIS and came across this:
http://www.gadjev.com/2016/02/installing-magento-ce-2-0-on-windows-server-2012-r2-iis-8-5/
However, it contains error while installing sample data. And after your message I tried it on the one without sample data. It was successfully installed but can't get it to display static contents such as CSS and JS even used the 'setup:static-content:deply'.

Was originally intended to look for workaround for running on IIS server because of production hosting is a Windows reseller hosting

To microtherm:

Thanks for your message and information. Actually I do know about Xampp and Wamp as I used it few years ago. Right now I'm .NET developer, so would rather to run PHP on IIS. And also because of the production hosting is on a Windows reseller hosting, I can't use Xampp and Wamp for testing as well.