cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nginx installation issue no css style

Nginx installation issue no css style

Hi Guys,

I'm having some issues with magento 2, as I would like to mention that I'm very new with Nginx server and Magento. 

I have got inmotion hosting Nginx, I have installed magento on the server and it looks like its all good no issues with installation. But the problem is when I go to the site, it has no css style at all. I contacted inmotion support they said they cant help me because magento being a third party application. The server is Centos, Nginx with inmotion.

I did some googling on this, and spent like 3 weeks over it, but I can not find any help at all, I did have look at the magento guide of installation of nginx magento, that made me even more confused. So I really need help and I really appreciate anyone's help with regard to this.

Please do help me.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Nginx installation issue no css style

Are you using the official Nginx configuration that is provided by Magento?

What happens when you visit a CSS URL that is provided in the source, is it a 404? Does the path the CSS file exist on the server?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

As for Css there is no css style at all, when visiting the front end site or the back end site for admin, it is plain text not styling at all, all the texts are all over the place.

As for Nginx configuration sample files, I saw it there it did see it there but I have not used and I have not activated, I would appreciate if you guide me on how to enable that file to kick in. 

Thanks

Have you seen this page? http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/nginx.html

It has a section on configuring nginx including how to configure it to use the sample configuration file. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!