cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on

No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on

[2021-04-27 13:21:49] main.CRITICAL: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"query_shard_exception","reason":"No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on","index_uuid":"Ne4wxJQtRMCJt5ybOYBVrA","index":"magento2_product_1_v7"}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"magento2_product_1_v7","node":"A4y9vPHrSkyu6nZILeT1EQ","reason":{"type":"query_shard_exception","reason":"No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on","index_uuid":"Ne4wxJQtRMCJt5ybOYBVrA","index":"magento2_product_1_v7"}}]},"status":400} {"exception":"[object] (Elasticsearch\\Common\\Exceptions\\BadRequest400Exception(code: 400): {\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"query_shard_exception\",\"reason\":\"No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on\",\"index_uuid\":\"Ne4wxJQtRMCJt5ybOYBVrA\",\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v7\"}],\"type\":\"search_phase_execution_exception\",\"reason\":\"all shards failed\",\"phase\":\"query\",\"grouped\":true,\"failed_shards\":[{\"shard\":0,\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v7\",\"node\":\"A4y9vPHrSkyu6nZILeT1EQ\",\"reason\":{\"type\":\"query_shard_exception\",\"reason\":\"No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on\",\"index_uuid\":\"Ne4wxJQtRMCJt5ybOYBVrA\",\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v7\"}}]},\"status\":400} at /home/gemstone/html/vendor/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/src/Elasticsearch/Connections/Connection.php:632)"} []
[2021-04-27 13:21:55] main.CRITICAL: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"query_shard_exception","reason":"No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on","index_uuid":"Ne4wxJQtRMCJt5ybOYBVrA","index":"magento2_product_1_v7"}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"magento2_product_1_v7","node":"A4y9vPHrSkyu6nZILeT1EQ","reason":{"type":"query_shard_exception","reason":"No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on","index_uuid":"Ne4wxJQtRMCJt5ybOYBVrA","index":"magento2_product_1_v7"}}]},"status":400} {"exception":"[object] (Elasticsearch\\Common\\Exceptions\\BadRequest400Exception(code: 400): {\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"query_shard_exception\",\"reason\":\"No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on\",\"index_uuid\":\"Ne4wxJQtRMCJt5ybOYBVrA\",\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v7\"}],\"type\":\"search_phase_execution_exception\",\"reason\":\"all shards failed\",\"phase\":\"query\",\"grouped\":true,\"failed_shards\":[{\"shard\":0,\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v7\",\"node\":\"A4y9vPHrSkyu6nZILeT1EQ\",\"reason\":{\"type\":\"query_shard_exception\",\"reason\":\"No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on\",\"index_uuid\":\"Ne4wxJQtRMCJt5ybOYBVrA\",\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v7\"}}]},\"status\":400} at /home/gemstone/html/vendor/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/src/Elasticsearch/Connections/Connection.php:632)"} []

I am facing an issue with products not displayed on the front end after upgrading 2.3 to 2.4.1, the message is "We can't find products matching the selection". also I flush the cache and reindex but is still not working.

Please advise

Thanks .

2 REPLIES 2

Re: No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on

Hey!

I was just having the exact same error mesasge. You've probably solved this yourself as it was 5 months ago, but this may help someone else.

It looks like this happens if you modify the sorting options (ie adding custom options to sort by or removing things like position).

I disabled this functionality on my site and I don't get this error. How I solve it from the functionality is a different matter - I'm not sure how the 2.4* upgrade affects this. 

I'll report back if I resolve it.

Thanks

Re: No mapping found for [newest] in order to sort on

just check the server for an elastic search version compatible with the Magento version.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/commerce-operations/installation-guide/system-requirements.h...