cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No review star ratings after 2.2 upgrade?

No review star ratings after 2.2 upgrade?

Did they get rid of the star ratings system in 2.2?  Old reviews show up with star ratings but when creating a new review, star rating isn't an option, just a place to write a text review.

What gives?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No review star ratings after 2.2 upgrade?

I've not seen any news that this functionality was removed. The code for ratings is still in the template: https://github.com/magento/magento2/blob/2.2-develop/app/code/Magento/Review/view/frontend/templates...

Are ratings still set up in admin? 

Are you using a custom theme? Perhaps changing back to luma theme temporarily will help to identify if it's a theme issue. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

It requires makeing sure the Rating Visibility is set.  Go to Stores > Attributes > Rating you should see three ratings, edit each showing the correct view for your store then save.

I grinded my gears for a while trying to figure out why our review stars wouldn't work (they used to in 2.1) until i found this thread. I just had to select the visibility option this whole time on the rating attributes..... ><