cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order did not create successfully

Order did not create successfully

I got an order which status is closed, however, payment is received and customer did not cancel. When we check the order Comments History, it show the note below. 

Notes for this Order

Order placed, beginning the payment process. Transaction ID: "pi_3MMTV********H3148xRGNj"
Comment added 4 Jan 2023 09:46:24

The cart contents or customer details have changed. The order is canceled because a new one will be placed (#000004665) with the new details.
Comment added 4 Jan 2023 09:46:29

Canceling order offline. Amount: £29.85. Transaction ID: "pi_3MMTV********H3148xRGNj-void"
Comment added 4 Jan 2023 09:46:29

Captured amount of £29.85 via Stripe. Transaction ID: pi_3MMTV********H3148xRGNj
Comment added 4 Jan 2023 09:46:32

I assume the customer mis-clicked the make payment button twice. Mangeto closed the original order and created a new order with order number 000004665. However, the order 4665 do not exsist. I can not find it anywhere. Not in sales history. I also checked the database, sales_order and sales_order_grid. Can not find the new order 000004665.

It looks like Magento sucessfully closed the original order but failed to create the new order. But I do not know where went wrong? I also can not find the log where it record this error. How can I find the missing order? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Order did not create successfully

It`s common ploblem, I also faced with that, but this guys helped me a lot https://barwenock.com/services.html

Re: Order did not create successfully

Hey @durovin_bathrooms,

It seems that there may have been an issue with the creation of the new order after the original one was cancelled due to changes in the cart contents or customer details. It's possible that there was an error during the order creation process that prevented the new order from being saved in the database.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following:
- Check if there are any error logs in your Magento installation's var/log directory that may indicate what went wrong during the order creation process. Look for any log files with a timestamp around the time the original order was cancelled.
- Double-check the sales_order and sales_order_grid tables in your Magento database to ensure that the new order was not accidentally deleted or lost. You can try running a SQL query to search for the missing order ID:
- SELECT * FROM sales_order WHERE increment_id = '000004665';

If the query returns no results, then the order was likely not created.

If you still can't find the missing order, you may need to contact Magento support or consult with a developer to investigate the issue further. They can review your system logs and check for any errors or configuration issues that may have caused the problem.

In the meantime, you may want to contact the customer to let them know what happened with their original order and offer to assist them with placing a new order if necessary.

Happy to help.

Lucy from Magenest | eCommerce Development Agency
Visit us: https://magenest.com/