cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders not displaying on the admin side without filtering

SOLVED

Orders not displaying on the admin side without filtering

On our Magento 2 store, any new orders that come in do not display in the orders section of the backend. In order to get them to show up, a filter must be applied. Doesn't matter what filter. Customer name, order status, whatever. It shows up just fine and we can proceed like normal.

Up until today that was the whole of it. This morning, seemingly out of the blue, a cancelled test order I placed 4 days ago decided to show up. I poked around the database looking for something different about this order, but it looks absolutely no different than any of the surrounding orders that don't show up.

Any suggestions on how to root out this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Orders not displaying on the admin side without filtering

Magento 2 sorts the order numbers as strings, in the alphabetical order.

I have created the «Sales Documents Numeration» extension for Magento 2: https://mage2.pro/t/512

It allows to set a useful numeration scheme for the orders.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Please publish a screenshot of the problem page.

While taking these screenshots, I noticed the problem. Thank you for that at least! Smiley Happy

Screenshot 1

Upon taking this screenshot, I noticed that:

• I was sorted by Order total for some strange reason, which is why my test order suddenly showed up.
  • The new orders placed on the store after upgrading from 1.9 to 2.0 are an order of magnitude larger in the ID number.

After re-sorting by ID:

Screenshot 2

The only thing I can conclude after seeing this is that the order IDs are being sorted as a string of text, rather than as a number. Is this the case? It's the only situation I could think of where 100000092 (1, 6 0's, 92) would be considered greater than 1000000176 (1, 6 0's, 176).

Magento 2 sorts the order numbers as strings, in the alphabetical order.

I have created the «Sales Documents Numeration» extension for Magento 2: https://mage2.pro/t/512

It allows to set a useful numeration scheme for the orders.