cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Reset throws 'Something went wrong while resetting customer password' error

SOLVED

Password Reset throws 'Something went wrong while resetting customer password' error

It is happening with one of my customer's password reset and not an issue for rest. It shows 'Something went wrong while resetting customer password' error whenever I try to reset the customer's password. I did reset the time interval of password reset option but no use. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Password Reset throws 'Something went wrong while resetting customer password' error

Hi @naveen786,

Can you check (activate if necessary) the Magento logs adn check there (even the webserver error log) to try to find a clue about the reason of the error?

The exception is thrown in:

vendor/magento/module-customer/Controller/Adminhtml/Index/ResetPassword.php
line 46

If you can find anything, maye you can try to capture all the excpetion in order to understand the problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Password Reset throws 'Something went wrong while resetting customer password' error

Hi @naveen786,

Can you check (activate if necessary) the Magento logs adn check there (even the webserver error log) to try to find a clue about the reason of the error?

The exception is thrown in:

vendor/magento/module-customer/Controller/Adminhtml/Index/ResetPassword.php
line 46

If you can find anything, maye you can try to capture all the excpetion in order to understand the problem.