cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal header not valid

SOLVED

PayPal header not valid

Hi, 

I've tried a lot also checking 90% of Google question on Stackoverflow and this Forum here. The credentials are correct, even loggin by the build in PayPal function to give access to the payment method and says all is correct. 

But when I am testing it I get this error:

"PayPal gateway has rejected request. Security header is not valid (#10002: Security error)."

Credentials is set right automatic by the 'Get credentials from Paypal' button. But no luck so far. 

I tried to update Magento by Linux enviorment, I tried all sorts of things but still nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PayPal header not valid

Found the solution PayPal:

NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic)

This api was needed instead of the standard buttons they wont work. Also the right Business Merchant ID that should be over here:

If You Have a PayPal Business Account:

• Login to your PP account
  • Click the Settings icon on the top right
  • Select “Account Settings”
  • On the left column, under “Business Profile” click “Business Information”
  • The PayPal Merchant ID should display

With this it works by now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Found the solution PayPal:

NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic)

This api was needed instead of the standard buttons they wont work. Also the right Business Merchant ID that should be over here:

If You Have a PayPal Business Account:

• Login to your PP account
  • Click the Settings icon on the top right
  • Select “Account Settings”
  • On the left column, under “Business Profile” click “Business Information”
  • The PayPal Merchant ID should display

With this it works by now.

Hi @infolaanwe6072,

The Security header is not valid error is only caused for two reasons:

• Wrong credentials: Make sure that you've put your API Username, API Password and API Signature correctly. Sometimes it happens that during copy and paste there is accidently a space added, this would trigger this error. Doublecheck this settings in the SDK or in the admin panel of your third party shopping cart.

• Wrong Endpoint: This error would come up if you send the data to the wrong endpoint. Make sure that you sending the live credentials and data to our live endpoint. When you want to test your store make sure that you use our test endpoint and the credentials from your sandbox test account. If you are using a third party shopping cart, make sure that your store is running in test or live mode, regarding which credentials you are using.

You can check for your credentials here too:

FOR LIVE

https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp?&user=xxxxxxxxxx&pwd=xxxxxxxxxx&signature=xxxxxxxxxx&version=70.0&METH...

FOR SANDBOX

https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp?&user=xxxxxxxxxx&pwd=xxxxxxxxxx&signature=xxxxxxxxxx&version=7...

Just Substitute the user, pwd and signature and enter in your browser. You should get ACK = SUCCESS if you have input your credentials correctly.

You can also get your credentials here : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_get-api-signature&generic-flow=true

If you still have any queries then feel free to contact us. We would like to assist you.

Thank you, you saved my day.