Did you mean: 

Problem Importing Product File

Problem Importing Product File

Hi, I'm new to Magento,

I'm trying to import a Product CSV file and I get this error:

"Source file coping failed"

or

"Empty Column Names"

I've imported that same document before and deleted it.

I can't seem to find what the error means

Thanks in advance for your help

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Problem Importing Product File

@ulitvincon 

Please make sure there is not empty coulmn which is required to put values. And make sure there is no special char which not support by this file.

Apart from that you can firs download sample file and use the same file to import products just change value of your product and import it.

Thanks

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Hi @Manish Mittal ,

Thanks for your answer, there are no special values nor empty columns, I've imported that same file into Magento but then deleted all the products from that file and when I tried to import it again it says:

"Source file coping failed"

Even tried to upload Magento's Product sample file and I get the same error. There's not even an import record on file after it failed to upload. 

Thanks.

Hi @ulitvincon 

For the Source file coping failed error message your can check, what is the ownership of the 

var/importexport directory in your Magento document root. This error may come, if the file or directory ownership is different compared to the ownership on which you are running your Magento.

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Common issues with importing a CSV (and the work-arounds to fix them) The most common CSV import errors include: The file size is too large - The CSV import tool of the program you're using might have a file size requirement. To reduce the file size, you can delete unnecessary data values, columns, and rows.