cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem indexing catalog price rules after adding a new storeview

SOLVED

Problem indexing catalog price rules after adding a new storeview

After creating a new storeview for a new website/store I have problems indexing Catalog Rule Product (catalogrule_rule) via crontab. As a consequence also the other indexes following this index are not processed.

Cron.log:

[2020-08-04 12:51:04] main.CRITICAL: Indexing Catalog Rule Product failed. For details see exception-log. {"exception":"[object] (Magento\\Framework\\Exception\\LocalizedException(code: 0): Indexing Catalog Rule Product failed. For details see exception-log. at application/vendor/magento/module-catalog-rule/Model/Indexer/IndexBuilder.php:299)"} []

Exception.log:

[2020-08-04 12:50:04] main.CRITICAL: DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone () {"exception":"[object] (Exception(code: 0): DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone () at application/vendor/magento/framework/Stdlib/DateTime/Timezone.php:199)"} []

Any idea what is causing the exception ??

BTW: when I reindex via CLI using bin/magento indexer:reindex the problem is gone and all indexes are indexed without problems. However when the index gets invalidated the problem is there again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem indexing catalog price rules after adding a new storeview

An additional bin/magento setup:upgrade did the trick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @rickert

Login to the admin panel.

Go to Admin > Store > Configuration > General > Locale Options 

Check if the timezone is set properly and also check the same store wise.

Thank you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

Thank you for your help. I'm afraid it's not that simple. The timezone is set to Middle European Time (Europe/Amsterdam) on Standard config level only. I have 3 websites W1, W2 and W3 each website has 1 store and each store has 1 storefront. Website number 3 was added just recently and things go bad after adding the storefront for W3.

I can see that indexing catalogrule_rule triggers ScopeDate() in Timezone.php for all 3 stores:

$timezone = new \DateTimeZone($this->_scopeConfig->getValue($this->getDefaultTimezonePath(), $this->_scopeType, $scope));

So subsequently

$timezone = new \DateTimeZone('general/locale/timezone', 'store', 1));
$timezone = new \DateTimeZone('general/locale/timezone', 'store', 2));
$timezone = new \DateTimeZone('general/locale/timezone', 'store', 3));

is executed. The 3rd time (for store 3) causes the exception.

I don't have a clue. I deleted and added the 3rd website a hundred times and also reinstalled the database a couple of times. But this did not help in any way. If I remove the 3rd website (and store and storefront)  the problem is gone.

I also tried explicitely setting the timezone for W3 on website level but this did not help either.

Any help much appreciated.

An additional bin/magento setup:upgrade did the trick