cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem indexing inventory

Problem indexing inventory

When i try to reindex with the parameter inventory i recieve the following error:

php bin/magento index:reindex inventory

The product that was requested doesn't exist. Verify the product and try again.
Product Price index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00 Catalog Search index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00

All products have an SKU number in the database.

What can i do to find the product that is causing this issue?

* edited typo

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Problem indexing inventory

Hi @scns,

For Catalog inventory reindex you need to run following command:

php bin/magento indexer:reindex cataloginventory_stock

You can get all indexer info from following command:
php bin/magento indexer:status

For reindex all:
php bin/magento indexer:reindex

I hope it will help you!

Hello @scns 

The message 'Requested product doesn't exist' is triggered whenever Magento 2 tries to load a product which does not have a SKU.

To check which products do not have a SKU, sort the table catalog_product_entity by SKU. All the products with no SKU will then be grouped together. You can then fix this issue by manually adding the SKUs to the products in this table.

After that you can run indexing commands as follows:

Let me know if you need any other help.

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

@Manish Mittal wrote:

Hello @scns 

The message 'Requested product doesn't exist' is triggered whenever Magento 2 tries to load a product which does not have a SKU.

To check which products do not have a SKU, sort the table catalog_product_entity by SKU. All the products with no SKU will then be grouped together. You can then fix this issue by manually adding the SKUs to the products in this table.

After that you can run indexing commands as follows:

Let me know if you need any other help.

Hi @Manish Mittal Tnx for the possible solution, but there are no products with an empty SKU. 

When i sort the SKU column there are no empty cells. 

Hi @scns ,

Please try to reset indexing first and then try again. 
May be it will work for you.

php bin/magento indexer:reset

Hi @Vimal Kumar 

Tried your solution, but the still the same after the reset.

php bin/magento index:reindex inventory
The product that was requested doesn't exist. Verify the product and try again.
Product Price index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
Catalog Search index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00

Allready tried to flush the cache but no solution.

I have the same problem... please help

The configurable swatches are an important feature of your Magento site. They allow the customer to select different color, size, or other options for a product by using a simple drop down menu. For example, the customer can choose a red shirt instead of a blue shirt in one step. Configurable swatches not only increase customer satisfaction with your website, but they also increase your sales because it's so easy for the customer to make their purchase. Instead of listing long descriptions and pictures of each variation of your product, you can list all variations with configurable swatches. The shopper is then able to quickly see which variations are available and easily choose the correct one. Now I have to visit norfolkhomelearning.com website to get help in my essays that I would liket to complete on time.

The configurable samples are a significant element of your Magento site. They permit the client to choose different variety, size, or different choices for an item by utilizing a straightforward drop down menu. For instance, the client can pick a red shirt rather than a blue shirt in one stage. Configurable patterns increment consumer loyalty with your site, however they likewise increment your business since it's so natural for the client to make their buy. Rather than posting long depictions and photos of every variety of your item, you can list all varieties with configurable patterns. The customer is then ready to rapidly see which varieties are accessible and effectively pick the right one. Presently I need to visit site to find support in my expositions that I would liket to finish on time.