cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with backend and permissions

Problem with backend and permissions

Hi I have a fresh installation of magento2 and after a lot of issues with the file and folder permissions, I finally got it working with 755 permission for folders and 644 for the files but there still is an issue with the back-end, None of the icons are showing I thing that this might be also a permission issue but I can't find what's causing it. You can see a screenshot at 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a33qoc0sagqkb8/Screenshot%20from%202016-01-14%2016-16-55.png?dl=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Problem with backend and permissions

Hello,

You can take a screen shot from Browser console? Try to set permission for pub/media and php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hi MrKhoa99

What exactly permissions should I give to the folder you mentioned?

You can see the image that was at dropbox below

Thank you in advance

icons not showing

Hello,

If you used Windows, you don't need to set permission for pub/media folder. If not, try to set 777. Additionally, you try to execute this command line: <ROOT Magento folder>php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hi MrKhoa99 I did what you proposed, because I don't have ssh access to the server I run the command via cron and I got the following error 

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /var/www/.../bin/magento on line 22

But after that I tried to flush magento cache and after I did a " Flush Static Files Cache " the icons appeared but if I navigate to another page inside the back end the icons get lost again and I have to press again the " Flush Static Files Cache "

Any thoughts??

Experiencing exactly the same problem here. Actually, no Magento commands via shell access work at all.

/home/username/public_html/magentodir$ setup:static-content:deploy
-bash: line 7: setup:static-content:deploy: command not found
/home/username/public_html/magentodir$ php -f /home/username/public_html/magentodir/bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy en_US
<br />
<b>Parse error</b>:  syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in <b>/home/username/public_html/magentodir/bin/magento</b> on line <b>22</b><br />

Anybody have any ideas as to what's going on?