cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Listing Sort By - Setting Not Working

SOLVED

Product Listing Sort By - Setting Not Working

The "Product Listing Sort By" option under stores>configuration>catalog is not applying to all my category pages. Even though I have it set to sort by Price, I have some categories on my website that are still defaulted to sort by Position.

Note: These same categories have the "use config settings" checkbox marked under their individual category display settings as well (the display settings under catalog>categories).

^BUT even if I unchecked the "use config settings" box and manually select Price under the "default product listing sort by" option it does nothing to my website. The products will still be sorted by Position.

I would like all my categories default to by sorted by Pricing. Any suggestions? 

Current store configuration catalog storefront settings:

Picture1.PNG

Current individual category display settings:

Picture2.PNG

One of the categories that the default sort by option won't change:

Picture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Product Listing Sort By - Setting Not Working

Hi @matt_nelsen 

Have you run the command which i gave to you.

Actually sometimes it store the values in cache so just remove the cache folder buy running the command which i gave.

And then check the result.

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @matt_nelsen 

I have verified personally by going to given path Admin > Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog > Store Front > Product Listing Sort by > Price

After that i have selected price.

When i go to a single category and change the Default Product Listing Sort By option as Position then only for this category Position is choosen as default and for rest of the categories Price is choosen  as default.

Currently i am not able to see your screenshots as it will be available once approved by moderator.

So can you share some links for the same or just cross check the configuration again and let me know if you stuck anywhere.

Thanks

---

Hey @Rahul Gupta 

Correct those are the two options I'm using.

I just realized that Admin > Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog > Store Front > Product Listing Sort by > Price/Product Name/Position option will not allow me to change it. No matter what store view I'm in whenever I change that option to something new it goes back to what it was before. If I set it to Product Name it goes back to Price when I click save, if I set it to Position it goes back to Price when I click save.

Hi @matt_nelsen 

Change the value of both configuration at "Default Config" level.

For changing the value in Category first uncheck the box of use system config and then try to change the setting.

Also run the below command from the root magento directory.

rm -rf var/cache/*

Thanks

---

@Rahul Gupta 

I'm inside the "default" store view when trying to change the settings. I also have the "use system value" box unchecked. But whenever I choose a new option and click save it automatically goes back to the original, which is price in my case, but I would like the option to change it to something else.

Hi @matt_nelsen 

Have you run the command which i gave to you.

Actually sometimes it store the values in cache so just remove the cache folder buy running the command which i gave.

And then check the result.

Thanks

---

The command worked. Clearing the cache that way finally let me change and save the global sort by option in the store configurations. Thanks @Rahul Gupta 

Hi @matt_nelsen 

Glad to know that i was able to help you.

Thanks!