cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Placeholder Images - Not working 2.2.6

Product Placeholder Images - Not working 2.2.6

Anybody having issue with the new path change for product images in 2.2.6.  Seems that a bunch of people are having the same error thrown when trying to run the image product cache after upgrading to 2.2.6 or migrating from M1 to M2 ver 2.2.6.

Script always errors out and states the swatch_image is missing, but it is there.

Also, you cannot save the placeholder images in the config for 2.2.6.

Suggestions on a fix would be appreciated.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Product Placeholder Images - Not working 2.2.6

Hello @DigitalStudioNW,

I have the same problem. I noticed the path in my error message looks strange and yours looks the same with slightly different folder names.

File '/var/www/magento/pub/media/var/www/magento/vendor/magento/module-catalog/view/base/web/images/product/placeholder/swatch_image.jpg' does not exist.

The second half of that path is real and the image is there:

var/www/magento/vendor/magento/module-catalog/view/base/web/images/product/placeholder/swatch_image.jpg

However the error implies that it's prepending that location with var/www/magento/pub/media/

Is that intentionally like that or is this problem related to where it's looking for the image

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Seems nobody can figure it out. Hopefully fixed in the next release....

Hello @DigitalStudioNW

Have you checked my response?

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Your response is a cut and paste from a GitHub question - so no, not a correct answer or fix....

Nobody can solve this I guess - and the script to fix the path and remove the cache always times out around 12% for a LOT of users.  

Hopefully on Wednesday 2.2.7 will fix the issue.

Here is the fix:

https://github.com/magento/magento2/pull/18160/files/6a1feedebb45fb54fd496db44dc9a280835c0203

Will be merged into 2.3.1

Just copy the raw Config.php file from the Git link above and replace your Config.php with thew new file - check permissions for the new file.  Flush Cache - then load your placeholders from the config as usual.

Saving placeholder images in Magento 2.2.6 is a known issue, therefore you have to update to at least version 2.2.7 to make sure you can upload a placeholder image again. Although the update fixes the saving problem, the problem with generating new images still exists. A fix is to have at least a placeholder image uploaded in the theme configuration of your shop, otherwise the generation keeps failing. This is a bug in 2.2.8 and will (as far as I can see) be fixed in Magento 2.3.1.

Hope this may be of help to anyone experiencing the same problems.