cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product .csv import stuck on "Please Wait"

Product .csv import stuck on "Please Wait"

when I try to import my .csv file to update my products it gets stuck on the "Please Wait" screen.

in the log there is: 

[2021-09-13 16:11:10] main.CRITICAL: Path "/home/vfstg2un/public_html/var/importexport//zyRxZtWiaWvuG9H1icyakzmkv1GR2JsD.csv" cannot be used with directory "/home/vfstg2un/public_html/pub/media/" {"exception":"[object] (Magento\\Framework\\Exception\\ValidatorException(code: 0): Path \"/home/vfstg2un/public_html/var/importexport//zyRxZtWiaWvuG9H1icyakzmkv1GR2JsD.csv\" cannot be used with directory \"/home/vfstg2un/public_html/pub/media/\" at /home/vfstg2un/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/Directory/PathValidator.php:63)"} []<br>

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Product .csv import stuck on "Please Wait"

Hello @Danzer 

Can you please check your media folder permission?

When you upload the file the product Image will store them so that folder permission is 777 then this issue is not coming.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

Greetings,
Thanks for the reply.
In this case the file has only 2 columns:
sku and quantity
The images have already been uploaded.
If the complete file of approximately 20,000 products is split into files of 3,000 lines, the upload is successful.

Hello @Danzer 

You can also update the PHP upload limit in the PHP config file of server then the 20,000 products upload in one time.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation

There is an issue with image path in CSV as path and file name should be correct in CSV and media folder. You need to make sure pub/media folder exit with permissions.

Anees

Try to increase upload file size limit in PHP.ini under your server's apache folder

Should be something like:

/etc/php/7.x/apache2/php.ini 

Upload in batches like around 1500 entries per batch and it will work.

Make sure to Reindex and Clear Cache After All Batches:

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

php bin/magento cache:clean