cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product images in magento 2 show on localhost but not on godaddy when new product is created or upda

Product images in magento 2 show on localhost but not on godaddy when new product is created or upda

My local Magento 2 install is working perfectly. But once i move it to godaddy hosting, and create a new product or update an existing one, the images do not show in catalog or the front end. However, when i edit the product in backend, i can see the images added under images and videos section.

I have researched the net. My assumption was that since godaddy is a linux install, unlike my local which is a windows machines, it could be something to do with permissions. I recursively gave 777 permissions to folders, Pub and Var. Still doesn't work.

Could someone help please? really stuck.

Warm regards, Abhishek

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Product images in magento 2 show on localhost but not on godaddy when new product is created or

@Abhishek260

Here possible things to check is

• Whether you are using any cdn or not

if yes, you need to set that path to Stores > Configuration > General > Web > Base Urls > Base URL for User Media Files and same at Secure Base URL for User Media Files at Base URLs (Secure) tab.

• <magento_root_directory>/pub/media/ having proper permission or not

In this case please follow this document from magento once to set proper permission.
https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/prod/prod_file-sys-perms.html

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions.

Re: Product images in magento 2 show on localhost but not on godaddy when new product is created or

Hi,

I am not using cdn. As far as permissions are concerned, i gave recursive 777 permissions to pub and var folders. Images folder is inside pub. 

So anyhow, now i tried something else. I installed magento 2 using godaddy's instore install facility just to try out if it works. Thereafter, i copied app, pub and var LOCAL folders to godaddy install and also replaced the DB on godaddy with my local db. That seems to work and the images are showing properly. So, i still don't know what the issue was!?

However, now when i download this final code set from godaddy to local, it seems to have broken links. The home page works fine but when i click on a category, i don't see the product list page. Trying the upgrade, compile n deploy commands on local now.. That solved some similar issue one before for my local install.. lets see

Hello @Abhishek260

I glad to know that images are being shown now. Still product listing pages are not working.. kindly share the error on listing page if you getting any. It should work well now.
Don't forget to run reindex command, it will arrange all product attributes properly.