cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product images not updating unless I run catalog:images:resize

Product images not updating unless I run catalog:images:resize

Hello,

My Magento site does not update images on the front side unless I run the catalog:images:resize command. It's a bit annoying to do this every time. 

I'd like the images to be shown automatically without having to run that command, however couldn't find any Magento setting related to it, server support doesn't have a clue what could do this. Any advice please?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: Product images not updating unless I run catalog:images:resize

Hello @itmultimobd453 

It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue with your Magento store where product images are not updating properly unless you run the catalog:images:resize command.

This command is used to resize and regenerate images for products, categories, and other entities in Magento. Running this command can sometimes fix issues with images not displaying properly in your store.

However, it's not normal for product images to not update automatically when changes are made to them. If you're having this issue, there could be a few potential causes:

• Caching:
    • Make sure that you have cleared your store's cache and refreshed your browser cache. Cached images can sometimes prevent updates from being displayed.
  • Permissions:
    • Ensure that the files and directories for your images have the correct permissions. Magento may not be able to update images if it doesn't have permission to write to the directories where images are stored.
  • Image size:
    • If you're trying to update an image with the same filename but a different size, it's possible that Magento is not recognizing the new image. In this case, try renaming the new image or using a completely new filename.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789