cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products not showing in catalog after media migration from magento 1

Products not showing in catalog after media migration from magento 1

I just migrated my site from magento 1.9.2 to magento 2.1.5. The problem started after I copied the media folder. All the images showed, but all of the products in catalog and search disappeared - So I reindexed and flushed the cache but the products are still not showing (they were before the media copy) and if I go directly to a product url everything shows nomally. Anyone knows what it could be?  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Products not showing in catalog after media migration from magento 1

That could be caused by a few things. I experienced similar problems after migrating from 1.9.x to 2.1.x. Go to one of the products in Products --> Catalog. Check the 'Images and Videos' tab:

1) Under the main image, do you see the tags 'base', 'small', 'thumbnail'? Some images that were the main images of my products lost that tag during the migration process which explains why they show on the product page but not the category page.

2) Click on the image you expect to see on the category page. On the right hand side, under image resolution, there is a tick box 'Hide from Product Page'. Made sure it is not ticked. What used to be the 'exclude' radio button in 1.9.x has changed to this in 2.1.x and the behavior on the front end is different.

Just 2 small leads. Could be many other things but it's worth checking.

I checked both and the images have all the tags and none have the box ticked. 

There is no error on the front end, I really don't get it.. Will try to remove the media and copy the default on over to see if that maybe helps. 

The page is: http://89.212.55.124:88/

http://89.212.55.124:88/risanje/grafitni-svincniki/grafitni-svincnik-derwent/svincnik-z-radirko-safa...

If that helps demonstrate the problem. 

Hello,

Sorry for resurrecting this old post, but I have the same issue after migration to Magento 2.2: all my products images are flagged with "Hide from Product Page".

I guess this is because I used this setting in Magento 1 to hide the thumbnail of the first image.

Anyway I need to batch remove the flag from all products (I have about 1800 products ... it is not possible to edit them all one by one).

Can someone suggest a query for removing the flag?

Thanks in advance