cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pub/Static AdminHtml CSS 404 error

Pub/Static AdminHtml CSS 404 error

I recently deleted the files in pub/static. This was a mistake as it deleted .htaccess but Iuckly I found the file in magento2 github. With .htaccess, it fixed my store view but my adminhtml is now not functioning... I have flushed the cache, re-indexed. I've run "magento setup:static-content:deploy", but fails to fully complete, where it runs out of memory from the first deployment. 

AdminHtml.PNG

Does anyone have any suggestion in how to approach this? I'm running Magento 2.0.7 Community-edition.

Also is there a way to change theme through CLI?

Thank you,

Tenzin K

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Pub/Static AdminHtml CSS 404 error

Hello TenzinKhando,

I have faced the same problem, resolve by the following command:

Execcute the commans as in given sequence

1: rm -rf var/di/* var/generation/* var/cache/* var/page_cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* var/composer_home/cache/*

2: sudo chmod 777 var -R

3: sudo chmod 777 pub -R

4: sudo php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

5: Repeat step 2 & 3.

Hope this will also help you.

Thanks you for the reply ipragmatech.

Lucky I had another website with magento. I copied the pub/static/adminhtml folder into the other one. While doing so, it overwrite some files which only had 0kb... I think there lied the problem.

-Tenzin

The site crashed again. I preformed the commands you have provided but the last command, "setup:static-content:deploy" doesnt complete and runs out of memory. I've checked the memory limit on php.ini and it is set at 512M which looks like more then enough. 

I'm currently in developer mode and Magento document states that setup:static-content:deploy must be run in mode production. When I switch to production, it automatically executes the same code. I then run into a different error: 

command returned non-zero exit code:

'php -f /home/yooshc5/public_html/americanretailsupply.net/bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy en_US 2>&1'

Same issue: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/2972

Solution: increase memory size to 512M...

same issue: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/2561

Solution: None...

-Tenzin