cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused to apply style "because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type"

Re: Refused to apply style "because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet M

In my case, my dev site set mode is production and I used command: bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy it just deploy static content for en_US and not deploy for en_AU so all static of AU site is missed. I have to deploy using command: bin/magento s:s:d en_AU then all works as normal

When you switch from developer mode to production mode it will deploy static content for all languages. but when you use command bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy it just deploy static for en_US

I wrote post describe more detail here:
https://mrvts.wordpress.com/2018/08/29/magento-2-break-layout-with-message-refused-to-apply-style-be...

Re: Refused to apply style "because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet M

If you use a language other than en_US run deploy command for that language.

eg: bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy pt_PT

Hope this helps

No css file in \pub\static\adminhtml\Magento\backend\en_US. please help

Please find the solution for your problem by below link:
https://magento.stackexchange.com/a/261635/71523

image.png

Tried everything still a problem can someone please help?

Please try running the command:

php bin/magento c:f

It seems unrelated but it works for me.

I solved it by changing from production mode to developer mode:

php bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer

then I generated static content

bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy de_DE -f

Now it works Smiley Happy

Hi, i know this is an old question, but seem that in 2021 and magento 2.4.2 as the same problem.

1) My magento installation is a fresh one, no module, no customization, no theme, nothing more than the simple installation

2) File permission is 100% ok on all folder and file

3) I'm using nginx so this is not an .htaccess related problem

Now my question:

In developer mode, magento does not allow (and need) to run the static content deployment, so how its possible that a css style file is missed?!