cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resaving a simple product generated from configurable product in Magento2 for Layered navigation to

SOLVED

Resaving a simple product generated from configurable product in Magento2 for Layered navigation to

Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just missing the point but when I create a configurable product in Magento 2.2.1 - the layered navigation on the front end doesn't update.

To get the layered navigation to be updated, I have to resave any one, yes only one, of the simple products that were generated when creating the configurable product.

So I guess my question is...

Why do I need to resave a simple product that's been generated from creating a configurable product in Magento 2.2.1 for changes to be applied to the Layered navigation on the frontend?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Resaving a simple product generated from configurable product in Magento2 for Layered navigation

you need to run indexer command after completing of your product creation.

Run,

php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush

After run indexer just run cache and you dont need to do a save simple product through admin.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Resaving a simple product generated from configurable product in Magento2 for Layered navigation

you need to run indexer command after completing of your product creation.

Run,

php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush

After run indexer just run cache and you dont need to do a save simple product through admin.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thanks rakeesh for explaining that to me.

Is there a reason the indexes aren't run when I save a configurable product even though the indexers are set to run "On save"

If i set the indexers to run on a schedule, is there a way I can set the default ones to run every 10 minutes, instead of every minute like magento recommends?

And do you know which indexer specifically updates the layered navigation?