cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Mail Click and Drop will not Integrate through Firewall Reverse-Proxy

Royal Mail Click and Drop will not Integrate through Firewall Reverse-Proxy

Our Magento 2 (Magento Commerce Inc. Magento ver. 2.3.4-p2). Was previosuly integrated with Royal Mail Click and Drop and our orders on Magento migrated automatically to Click and Drop.

We have recently had to move over to Sucuri and as a result the Magento 2 instance will no longer integrate with Click and drop. 

We have whitelisted all the necessary i.p. addresses on both the firewall and the server but the problem persists. When we contacted our firewall provider they gave the following response.

The Sucuri Firewall is a Web Application Firewall that serves the by what is considered a reverse-proxy.
The flow of traffic now looks like this:

User ===> Firewall ===> Hosting Server

Given this new info from Royal Mail, I'd recommend to review the integration settings and ensure that Royal Mail is referencing your hosting server via IP address xx.xxx.xxx.xxx, as opposed to the Firewall IP address yyy.yyy.yyy.yy.

Having sent this to Royal Mail, they responded with the following:

We wouldn't be able to connect directly to your IP, as we currently use URL's to integrate with, you will need to investigate and address at you end to allow us to see the right IP. Please accept my apologies that we are unable to assist further with this.

Has anyone else run across this issue and is there a solution that will allow us to use Click and Drop with the new firewall?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Royal Mail Click and Drop will not Integrate through Firewall Reverse-Proxy

@pmtrade 

If Royalmail is using the URL then they are correct and that should be the way. Benefit of using URL is you do not have to worry about managing the IP. They way you added sucuri now all the traffic will see sucuri IP not the server IP.

Couple of things need to try here:

1. First of all check the logs. Your Magento must of some log using which you can find that Magento and Royalmail is making connection. You may find error as well.

2. When you have whitelisted the IP do you see any traffic in Sucuri which those IP?

3. Whitelist the API url as well which Royalmail is using.

4. Make sure integration is still in place. May be re-authorization is needed.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Sucuri have now responded that we need to set up a subdomain and redirect the integrations to go through that rather than the original site as that will bypass the proxy.

I have created the subdomain but am unsure how to redirect the integration to use this rather than my main URL.

Does anyone know which setting I need to change for this?

Thanks.

I need your help as i am not able to connect my royal mail click and deop with magento 2. Please help me.

It seems to be an error which is affecting multiple people. There's a uservoice idea asking Royal mail to affect a solution. You might want to give it an up-vote here:
https://clickanddrop.uservoice.com/forums/399930-general/suggestions/43058421-make-integration-with-...