cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKU change via eMagic One - SOLVED

SKU change via eMagic One - SOLVED

Hey there everyone,

I tried to search for a solution on the forums and haven't found anything specific to my situation, and wondering if anyone has experience or a suggestion with this.

We are currently running Magento2 V2,3,2 and eMagicOne Store Manager.

We have a lot of cleanup to do on products, specifically around SKU.  While eMagic appears to take the SKU update and publish, the Magento side isn't receiving the SKU updates.

Is there a way to do this via eMagic One, or does SKU updates have to be done via some other medium?

Thanks in advance

Mike

1 REPLY 1

Re: SKU change via eMagic One

Hey Everyone,

I was able to find a solution:

https://www.mag-manager.com/product-information/magento-inventory-management/how-to-bulk-update-mage...

I followed the following:

Update Product SKU via Import

Store Manager is famous for the straightforward and robust import functionality. With only two columns in the import file, you can set new SKUs for necessary products.

To accomplish the update successfully, you have to consider the following points:

1. It is enough to have product identifier ID and new product SKU in the file used for Magento import. You can use other identifiers if these are unique for each product and remains the same throughout a certain period of time.
  2. This very identifier should be selected on the “Assign .csv Columns to Database Fields” step of Store Manager import wizard, when you configure data import settings.
  3. Make sure file columns are linked to the database fields properly to avoid inaccuracies.

Important! Leave “Add and modify” import method in the last import wizard window if you use Store Manager version 2.27.2.1416

*Please note, one and the same file can be used for a one-time SKU update.

Step-by-step Magento product import via Store Manager instruction is outlined in the article - Import Magento Products Quickly and Safely

What method will you choose if it comes to Magento SKU update? Certainly, you would prefer a fast, understandable and accurate one. All the characteristics are combined in Store Manager application.