cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKU name of simple boxes switches to undefined

SKU name of simple boxes switches to undefined

Hello Community,

Not sure if anyone in the community has faced this.  I have created a configurable product that has 5 variations .  the configuration works great and the simple boxes are made just fine after I finish with the setup of the configurable box.  now if I want to add a value option of one of the attributes i get the new products showing undefined.

Let's say i have product variation color and when I created the configurable product i had 3 colors, red , blue and orange.  and let's say my base sku for the configurable products is BASE.

So when I create the configurable product, magento creates the simple products BASE-blue, BASE-red, and BASE-orange.

Now let's say I decided to add a new variation value for variation color, and its purple, so I go to the attribute, add purple, save, go to the configurable product, edit the configuration, add purple to the variable configuration, then once I finish the configuration dialog, magento says i'm making new simple product Undefined-purple, instead of BASE-purple.  How can this issue be fixed ?

checking on this again

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SKU name of simple boxes switches to undefined

Hi
Have you found a fix for this?

Any solution to above issue i am facing same problem @pavlo_zamoroka  @Mag2Backend 

Hi @akshaykamba454 
Yes, if I remember correctly, the problem was with our customization. We disabled the SKU field and js didn't get value of the disabled input

UPD: https://magento.stackexchange.com/a/311471/42753

Hey @zamoroka  @pavlo_zamoroka  thanks for the reply
I checked your code but not working facing same issue

can you please check this - https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/316791/magento-2-3-edit-configuration-product-added-sku-...