cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Categories not clickable/expanding

Shop Categories not clickable/expanding

First of all sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am completely new to this and have no idea where to start.

I have recently had a website built and have been familiarising myself with the admin panel - just the basics, changing product details etc.

Upon noticing that one of the products wasn't displaying within the correct category I opened "manage categories" to investigate. However since opening this within the admin panel I have experienced issues with the category buttons on my actual website - they're showing as being there but they are not clickable and therefore can no longer be expanded. Below is a link to my site and as you'll see, if you try to click on "dog" "cat" or any of the expand or collapse buttons, they're not working:

https://carrapetfoods.co.uk/index.php/shop.html

I'm almost certain that when I opened "manage categories" within the admin panel that I didn't change anything, let alone save any changes so I can't for the life of me figure out what's happened.

Naturally I would contact my web developer but as it's a weekend I won't get an answer until next week and given that I'm still waiting for an answer to an email on Wednesday, I doubt I'll get a reply any time soon.

If anybody could help I'd greatly appreciate it. I desperately hope it's a simple issue as I have little to no understanding of these things so please any advice, explain it simply.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shop Categories not clickable/expanding

As far as I can tell, this isn't anything to do with you making a change in admin. It's just a CSS bug.  I was able to make the category navigation work again by disabling "float: left" on .block.sidebar-nav-left. See screenshot attached. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Tom.

As mentioned above I have no idea what I'm doing so even making the change you've mentioned, along with a screenshot, is above my head.

However, even if I could figure out what you've suggested that won't actually fix the issue for other users, will it? They'd have to disable "float: left" also which they wouldn't know about or how to do.

What would need to be done to fix the bug that you mentioned?

Just to add to the above. I figured out what you suggested Tom but it didn't solve the issue for me - I tried with a couple of different browsers and it didn't work on any of them.

I was just showing some of the CSS that was breaking it. I wasn't suggesting the customers would need to do that but that you could remove the offending line in the CSS file or override it later on in another CSS file. If that's outside of your knowledge area, I'd really recommend getting a developer involved to resolve the issue. 

If one of my responses has been helpful, please give Kudos or mark as "Accepted Solution". I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Your direction solved my issue, it was a css property set to pointer-event: none which was blocking the click events Kudos