cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart doesn’t load in Magento 2.1.0

Shopping Cart doesn’t load in Magento 2.1.0

Hi, I am having an issue with Magento 2.1.0. I’m running Magento 2.1.0 in Plesk with Maria DB 10.1.14 and PHP 7.0.8.

When I add an item into my cart, the item is added fine into the mini cart, but if I click on View and edit cart, the page is blank. The header and footer load fine but the body is blank. There is no message saying “You have no items in your shopping cart” it’s simply not loading the items.

This issue seems to only effect my 2.1.0 sites, and 2.0.7 works fine. I have done a new install and added 1 product and its works fine with 2.0.7 but if I upgrade to 2.1.0 it happens straight away on a fresh install.

Can anyone please assist with this, thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Shopping Cart doesn’t load in Magento 2.1.0

Check that your system permissions are set correctly http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/file-system-perms.html, also try clearing everything in var folder.

In my case, I solved the problem activating Varnish Caching.

Go to Stores -> Configuration -> System -> Full Page Cache, select Varnish Caching, and follow the instructions for configure/install Varnish.

Regards

Manish

OpenSource Expert | OpenSource Technologies | www.opensourcetechnologies.com
Magento plugins released: http://www.opensourcetechnologies.com/product/product-category/magento-extensions

What should I set the 'Access List' to for the Varnish Caching, what does his actually do?

I have not managed to resolve this issue. I am using the application installer in Plesk on a private server. Like i said, 2.0.7 works fine. The issue is only with 2.1.0 on all sites, new installs or upgrades from 2.0.7all have this issue.

I had a similar problem. I have installed Magento2 (WAMP) by cloning the git hub repository and have also tried installing magento2 via composer. In both installations the cart and the checkout would not load. For some reason the contents of the $localData (vendor\magento\framework\Locale\ Format.php) is not being populated but is still returning true so the self::$defaultNumberSet was not being used. The only solution I found (it does mean changing the core code (argghh)) was to go to vendor\magento\framework\Locale (depending on how you have installed magento) and open Format.php, at line 112 is:

$defaultSet = $localeData['NumberElements']['default'] ?: self::$defaultNumberSet;

Change this to:

$defaultSet = self::$defaultNumberSet; 

This isn't ideal as I never have to change the core code but something isn't right here.

Hi martinpeas,

Thanks for the reply, i have tried this but im still getting the same problem. I have changed the code and cleared cache but still the page is empty. Is there anything else i would need to do? This is quite frustrating as there are no errors.

Hi all,

same problem here. Has anybody found a solution?

One of the causes is  we disable the full-page cache. We should enable Full Page Cache.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!