cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stripe Extension breaking Magento Invoice Backend

Stripe Extension breaking Magento Invoice Backend

Hi,

I have installed Stripe extension on my Magento 2.2, and it works fine - I tried to make a purchase from the front end and it worked fine.

The only problem I have is that when I go to create the invoice for an order or even when I try to open an already-made invoice, it will not display correctly – see https://prnt.sc/QVuugWXCzGrd

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Do you have any suggestions on what I can try to do?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Stripe Extension breaking Magento Invoice Backend

The issue you're experiencing with the display of invoices in Magento 2.2 after installing the Stripe extension could be related to compatibility or configuration conflicts. Here are a few suggestions to help troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Clear cache: Start by clearing the cache in your Magento admin panel. Go to System > Cache Management and click on "Flush Magento Cache" and "Flush Cache Storage" buttons. This can help refresh the system and resolve display issues caused by cached data.

2. Check compatibility: Ensure that the Stripe extension you installed is compatible with your version of Magento 2.2. Verify that you have downloaded and installed the correct version of the extension from a reliable source. If the extension is not compatible, it may cause conflicts and affect the display of invoices.

3. Check for conflicting extensions: It's possible that there may be conflicts between the Stripe extension and other extensions installed on your Magento instance. Disable other extensions temporarily to see if the invoice display issue persists. If the problem resolves after disabling a particular extension, it indicates a conflict, and you may need to seek support or find an alternative solution.

4. Verify extension configuration: Double-check the configuration settings of the Stripe extension in your Magento admin panel. Make sure all required fields are properly filled, and the integration with Stripe is set up correctly. If there are any misconfigurations, it could impact the functionality and display of invoices.

5. Update Magento and the extension: Ensure that both Magento and the Stripe extension are up to date. Check for any available updates and install them. This can help resolve compatibility issues and ensure that you're using the latest bug fixes and improvements.

6. Contact extension support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's recommended to reach out to the support team of the Stripe extension. They will have specific knowledge about the extension and can provide guidance or assistance to resolve the display problem.

Remember to backup your Magento installation and database before making any changes or modifications. This allows you to revert to a previous state if needed.

@stsebtgmai22fa thanks for your reply. I have fixed the problem. I noticed that I was using an older version of the extension. Upgraded the extension and it worked fine.

The Stripe Extension breaking Magento Invoice Backend is likely due to compatibility issues between the extension and the Magento platform. It could be caused by outdated extension versions, conflicting code, or changes in the Magento backend that the extension is not compatible with.

To address this issue, you should take the following steps:

1. Check Extension Compatibility: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Stripe Extension that is compatible with your version of Magento. Check the extension's documentation or contact the developer for support.

2. Review Error Logs: Analyze the error logs in your Magento backend or server logs to identify specific error messages or exceptions related to the Stripe Extension.

3. Disable Other Extensions: Temporarily disable other third-party extensions to see if there are any conflicts. If the issue resolves after disabling a specific extension, that extension might be the root cause of the problem.

4. Contact Support: Reach out to Stripe Extension's developer for assistance. They might have encountered similar issues before and can provide guidance or updates to fix the problem.

5. Magento Updates: Ensure your Magento platform is up-to-date with the latest patches and updates, as this can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with extensions.

6. Customizations: If you've made custom changes to your Magento installation, verify that they are not causing conflicts with the Stripe Extension. Revert any customizations that might interfere with its functionality.

7. Seek Professional Help: If the issue persists and you cannot resolve it on your own, consider seeking assistance from a Magento developer or expert who can diagnose and fix the problem.

Always remember to take backups before making any changes to your Magento installation or extensions to prevent any data loss or system instability.

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that the Stripe extension on your Magento 2.2 is working well for frontend purchases. However, I understand that you're facing issues with creating and viewing invoices, as evidenced by the screenshot you provided. This can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem:

1. Clear Cache and Reindex: In Magento, cache and indexing issues can sometimes lead to display problems. Go to the Magento admin panel and navigate to System > Cache Management. Clear all caches, and then proceed to System > Index Management to reindex all indexes. This might help refresh the invoice view.

2. Check Extension Compatibility: Ensure that the Stripe extension you've installed is compatible with your version of Magento (2.2). Sometimes, extension conflicts or compatibility issues can lead to display problems. Check the documentation or support resources for the extension to confirm compatibility.

3. Theme and Customization Compatibility: If you're using a custom theme or have made customizations to your Magento installation, these could potentially affect how invoices are displayed. Disable your custom theme temporarily and switch to a default Magento theme to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, the problem might be related to your theme or customizations.

4. Extension Configuration: Review the configuration settings of the Stripe extension in your Magento admin panel. Ensure that all required settings are properly configured and that any necessary API keys or credentials are entered correctly.

5. Logs and Error Messages: Check your server logs and Magento logs for any error messages related to invoices or the Stripe extension. These logs can often provide valuable insights into what might be causing the display issues.

6. Contact Support or Developers: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider reaching out to the support team of the Stripe extension or your Magento developers. They might have encountered similar issues before and can provide specific guidance based on their expertise.

7. Magento and Extension Updates: Ensure that both your Magento installation and the Stripe extension are up to date. Sometimes, updates contain bug fixes and improvements that could address the problem you're facing.

Remember to back up your website and database before making any significant changes to your Magento installation. This way, you can easily revert to a previous state if something goes wrong during troubleshooting.

By systematically going through these steps, you should be able to identify the source of the invoice display issue and work toward a solution. Good luck, and I hope your invoice display gets back on track soon!