cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub categories not showing up in nav menu

Sub categories not showing up in nav menu

Hi all,

I just installed Magento 2.0.7 using composer, and also installed a theme named Porto 2.2.1.

I added categories like this:

Default Category

--- Accessories

--- Belts

(no products)

On the main navigation menu, Accessories shows up with a down arrow, but when you mouse over it, the Belts sub category doesn't show (no drop down shows up).

I tried switching back to Luma theme, to test it, and it also doesn't show the drop down sub cat.

I have checked that all categories are Active and marked show in navigation.  I have cleared all the caches, and reindexed.

(This worked fine in Magento 2.0.2, its a new issue since installing Magento 2.0.7 ... which was a fresh install).

Any suggestions on how to debug this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sub categories not showing up in nav menu

same issue here

@mknott wrote:

Hi all,

I just installed Magento 2.0.7 using composer, and also installed a theme named Porto 2.2.1.

I added categories like this:

Default Category

--- Accessories

--- Belts

(no products)

On the main navigation menu, Accessories shows up with a down arrow, but when you mouse over it, the Belts sub category doesn't show (no drop down shows up).

I tried switching back to Luma theme, to test it, and it also doesn't show the drop down sub cat.

I have checked that all categories are Active and marked show in navigation.  I have cleared all the caches, and reindexed.

(This worked fine in Magento 2.0.2, its a new issue since installing Magento 2.0.7 ... which was a fresh install).

Any suggestions on how to debug this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike