cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching store view goes wrong for new page

Switching store view goes wrong for new page

I have in my Magento 2.3.2 defined 3 store views for 3 languages: English (en), Spanish (es) and Dutch (nl). 

I have already several pages in the 3 different languages and when viewing such page switching language with the store view switcher works fine.

However, I'm now trying to add one more page and suddenly switching store views is giving a problem for that page. The page is available for all 3 languages as from any of the store views I can view it, I just can't switch store views when viewing that particular page.

The page is "handling-shipping" and is accessible through a footer link I've added. Magento is installed in a folder called "shop":

1. if I'm at <domain>/shop/nl/handling-shipping and I change to Spanish it will get me to <domain>/shop/es/    Vice versa, if I'm at the Spanish page and want to switch to Dutch it will also bring me to the Spanish home page
  2. If I want to switch to English from either the Dutch or Spanish page I get a "page not found".....<domain>/shop/pub/errors/404.php

Other pages work fine.  I've tried deleting the page, clean all caches and recreating it with both the same and another URL but without success. 

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Switching store view goes wrong for new page

Hello @aqcycling 

Can you please check assign store view for those created new CMS page.

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Thank you
Anant Prajapati
Magento Certified Developer

The store views are assigned correctly - 3 pages, one for each store, with the same url.

Helllo @aqcycling 

Can you please try to follow this links 

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/config-guide/multi-site/ms_over.html 

May be you should use these options.

2. Create a virtual host to load many websites or one virtual host per Magento website or store view to allow specific directives for each store.
3. Pass the values of MAGE_RUN_TYPE and MAGE_RUN_CODE to the web server.

----

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Thank you

Thank you
Anant Prajapati
Magento Certified Developer

I fail to see the importance of this so you would at least have to elaborate instead of just throwing a quote from a manual at me
I have a website and everything works apart this one page....

Besides, I'm not running my own server so I can't create virtual hosts just like that.