cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

main.CRITICAL: Requested product doesn't exist

SOLVED

main.CRITICAL: Requested product doesn't exist

magento 2.2.8

I just open my site and boom it was set in maintenance mode, and the exception.log file contained this error:

main.CRITICAL: Requested product doesn't exist {"exception":"[object] (Magento\\Framework\\Exception\\NoSuchEntityException(code: 0): Requested product doesn't exist at /home/xxx/public_html/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Model/ProductRepository.php:283)"} []

I have disabled the maintenance mode, and got the site up and running again. This happend around midnight and I think it is related to a cronjob or installtion of plugin. I bought install help on the magento marketplace too. this install via composer didn't go as plan and they needed to unstall the plugin and install it manually. I think here is that magento tried to install an extension but it didn't fnt the extension to install... (I think, but I'm no magento expert.... )

any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: main.CRITICAL: Requested product doesn't exist

Hi @Loginname,

I don't think that cron job has tried to install any extension and site crashed.

Extension will not installed automatically untill you run composer update or setup: upgrade command.

It may be issue with reindexing. May be cronjob is set you reindexing.

Try reindexing manually once and check that it is failed or works fine.

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

I hope it will help you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

by the way, we interested in coming in contact with a magento expert that can help us upgrade/patch the system. I know my limitations

Hi @Loginname,

I don't think that cron job has tried to install any extension and site crashed.

Extension will not installed automatically untill you run composer update or setup: upgrade command.

It may be issue with reindexing. May be cronjob is set you reindexing.

Try reindexing manually once and check that it is failed or works fine.

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

I hope it will help you!

I agree, it must be related to installing an extension. It happend after I had bought a magento extension. They who installed it, tried to do it via composer first, but then got into some problems and had to manually install the extension

I truned off maintenenace mode and got site back again. Reindex database goes just fine.

bit worried what will happend tonight, if the cronjob will set the site in maintenance mode again... but I have contacted the company who installed the extension for help, they have certified magento developers

I did an update from magento 1 to magento 2. All my products showed on backend but not the front end. If I clicked on a product on the backend of magento it would come up product doesn't exist. So I had my server company restart mysql and it solved the problem.  Now all products are on the frontend and I can edit them on the backend as well.