cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical error when saving static block

Technical error when saving static block

Hi all, when I want to save a static block on our production location, at a certain moment (can't figure out what triggers it), we get the error "A technical problem with the server created an error. Try again to continue what you were doing. If the problem persists, try again later.". The code is saved and properly shown on the front-end, but the wysiwyg editor on the static block won't show the respective code properly. We're using a DEV location (exact same setup) where it's working without issues, but I can't figure out what could trigger this technical error. There are no references in the .log files.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Technical error when saving static block

Hello @Bierkelder ,

Okay, here we don't have any reference to know the issue as it could be anything if you're not getting anything in .log files. Also it's not a good think to debug on random scenarios on production directly.

Sharing some steps which will help you to debug,

Let's first go with a complete deployment if any un-deployed file is there.

Step 1 : Run all deployment commands on production once to confirm it's not because of any unmerged data

rm -rf generated/metadata/* generated/code/* var/cache/mage-* var/page_cache/mage-* var/view_preprocessed/* var/di/* pub/static/_* pub/static/frontend/ pub/static/adminhtml/
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
php bin/magento cache:flush

note : flush varnish cache and redis if setup.

if it doesn't fix anything, go to step 2.

Step 2 : Create replica of your live :

The very first thing is your codebase should be synced with production, take pull of production branch in dev environment again and verify if both having same code.

if the code is synced, create a dump of your live database and add it in local environment to use it with dev environment.

if you facing same issue on dev again, then compare your db settings.

let us know the results of above two steps, if don't help we will think of another way.

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Hi @Bierkelder,

By default, a fresh Magento site never appears the same type of issue. It might be caused by an extension that you have added or by modifying any core code file related to block or pages.

If you haven't made any changes yet, then check the var log or server log to find the issue. After that run command to set up upgrade and di compilation and clear cache. Remove browser cache and generated folded content except .htaccess file. 

Hope this can help you! Let me know if you need further assistance.

_________

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/

You may have multiple instances of the same static block on your website. If this is the case, please remove all instances of the static block you want to change and then add it again from scratch. This will ensure that we do not save over any existing blocks on your website. I have to read article https://thenovelprojectchronicles.com/papers/ where I can find multiple papers to read before hiring a professional to write me my paper on time.

@gaurav_harsh1 wrote:

Hello @Bierkelder ,

Okay, here we don't have any reference to know the issue as it could be anything if you're not getting anything in .log files. Also it's not a good think to debug on random scenarios on production directly.

Sharing some steps which will help you to debug,

Let's first go with a complete deployment if any un-deployed file is there.

Step 1 : Run all deployment commands on production once to confirm it's not because of any unmerged data

rm -rf generated/metadata/* generated/code/* var/cache/mage-* var/page_cache/mage-* var/view_preprocessed/* var/di/* pub/static/_* pub/static/frontend/ pub/static/adminhtml/
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
php bin/magento cache:flush

note : flush varnish cache and redis if setup.

if it doesn't fix anything, go to step 2.

Step 2 : Create replica of your live :

The very first thing is your codebase should be synced with production, take pull of lithium production branch in dev environment again and verify if both having same code.

if the code is synced, create a dump of your live database and add it in local environment to use it with dev environment.

if you facing same issue on dev again, then compare your db settings.

let us know the results of above two steps, if don't help we will think of another way.

Hi, I have followed your above steps but unfortunately i have not followed those steps. Could you please help me to get rid from this issue.