cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There has been an error processing your request

SOLVED

Hi,

I have a magento on a server, and decided to download a copy to a local server using xampp, which I am going to use while making some modifications to magento.

the problem is that after I downloaded the copy and imported the database, I ran the:

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento indexer:reindex

but I am still getting an error, which I never had before. does anyone know what it means and how to fix it?

Warning: SessionHandler::read(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71\sess_8vcl0uulsglk43pkh6ij055859, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vendor\magento\framework\Session\SaveHandler\Native.php on line 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: There has been an error processing your request

As you have already done this - session.save_handler = files

You also need to check below parameters in php.ini

session.save_path = "var/www/magento2/var/session" // value should be your magento2 root directory/var/session

Also you need to Edit env.php file:

'session' =>
array (
'save' => 'files',
'save_path' => '/var/www/magento2/var/session',
),

As you are moving site from production environment to local so in env.php you need to pass files in session and var/session as path

Then check it will works for you !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @robertbits

As per my knowledge this is known issue , when your session.save_handler PHP parameter is set to some another session storage instead of files !

open your php.ini file - find session.save_handler - uncomment it by removing # and add value as files , like this :  session.save_handler : files

For more reference refer this link - https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/install-gde/trouble/php/tshoot_session.html

It will works for you !

@Manthan Dave Thanks for your response.

I checked the setting in php.ini and noticed that it was already set as "session.save_handler : files"

I commented the option and checked what happens - same error.

so with or without that option, I am getting the same error.

I am still wondering what the solution is for this problem. as @Manthan Dave said, I have checked the php.ini and session.save_handler=files is enabled.

but I am still stuck and cannot use my magento. now I am uploading the error file that is being generated with the error, maybe there will be someone that can help with this since I cannot figure out what can I do.

Just to explain, I am using xampp on windows and I imported magento from a backup to test on it.

after the import I run the following commands, as how I normally do:

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush

then when tried to load page I get the error:

{"0":"Warning: SessionHandler::read(): open(\/var\/cpanel\/php\/sessions\/ea-php71\\sess_22t8fm36o66macktki261omi91, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Session\\SaveHandler\\Native.php on line 22","1":"#0 [internal function]: Magento\\Framework\\App\\ErrorHandler->handler(2, 'SessionHandler:...', 'C:\\\\xampp\\\\htdocs...', 22, Array)\n#1 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Session\\SaveHandler\\Native.php(22): SessionHandler->read('22t8fm36o66mack...')\n#2 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Session\\SaveHandler.php(93): Magento\\Framework\\Session\\SaveHandler\\Native->read('22t8fm36o66mack...')\n#3 [internal function]: Magento\\Framework\\Session\\SaveHandler->read('22t8fm36o66mack...')\n#4 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Session\\SessionManager.php(189): session_start()\n#5 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(58): Magento\\Framework\\Session\\SessionManager->start()\n#6 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(138): Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Generic\\Interceptor->___callParent('start', Array)\n#7 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(153): Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Generic\\Interceptor->Magento\\Framework\\Interception\\{closure}()\n#8 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\generated\\code\\Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Generic\\Interceptor.php(52): Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Generic\\Interceptor->___callPlugins('start', Array, Array)\n#9 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Session\\SessionManager.php(130): Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Generic\\Interceptor->start()\n#10 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\generated\\code\\Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Generic\\Interceptor.php(14): Magento\\Framework\\Session\\SessionManager->__construct(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\SidResolver\\Proxy), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Config), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\SaveHandler), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Validator), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Storage), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Stdlib\\Cookie\\PhpCookieManager), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Stdlib\\Cookie\\CookieMetadataFactory), Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\State))\n#11 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory.php(111): Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Generic\\Interceptor->__construct(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\SidResolver\\Proxy), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Config), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\SaveHandler), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Validator), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Session\\Storage), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Stdlib\\Cookie\\PhpCookieManager), Object(Magento\\Framework\\Stdlib\\Cookie\\CookieMetadataFactory), Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\State))\n#12 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer.php(66): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory->createObject('Magento\\\\Framewo...', Array)\n#13 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\ObjectManager.php(70): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer->create('Magento\\\\Framewo...')\n#14 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory.php(144): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\ObjectManager->get('Magento\\\\Framewo...')\n#15 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory.php(230): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory->resolveArgument(Array, 'Magento\\\\Framewo...', NULL, 'session', 'Magento\\\\Store\\\\A...')\n#16 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer.php(34): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory->resolveArgumentsInRuntime('Magento\\\\Store\\\\A...', Array, Array)\n#17 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer.php(59): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer->_resolveArguments('Magento\\\\Store\\\\A...', Array, Array)\n#18 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\ObjectManager.php(70): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer->create('Magento\\\\Store\\\\A...')\n#19 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory.php(144): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\ObjectManager->get('Magento\\\\Store\\\\A...')\n#20 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory.php(230): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory->resolveArgument(Array, 'Magento\\\\Framewo...', NULL, 'redirect', 'Magento\\\\Framewo...')\n#21 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer.php(34): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory->resolveArgumentsInRuntime('Magento\\\\Framewo...', Array, Array)\n#22 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer.php(59): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer->_resolveArguments('Magento\\\\Framewo...', Array, Array)\n#23 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\ObjectManager.php(70): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer->create('Magento\\\\Framewo...')\n#24 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory.php(144): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\ObjectManager->get('Magento\\\\Framewo...')\n#25 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory.php(230): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory->resolveArgument(Array, 'Magento\\\\Framewo...', NULL, 'context', 'Magento\\\\Cms\\\\Con...')\n#26 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer.php(34): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\AbstractFactory->resolveArgumentsInRuntime('Magento\\\\Cms\\\\Con...', Array, Array)\n#27 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer.php(59): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer->_resolveArguments('Magento\\\\Cms\\\\Con...', Array, Array)\n#28 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\ObjectManager\\ObjectManager.php(56): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\Factory\\Dynamic\\Developer->create('Magento\\\\Cms\\\\Con...', Array)\n#29 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\App\\ActionFactory.php(40): Magento\\Framework\\ObjectManager\\ObjectManager->create('Magento\\\\Cms\\\\Con...')\n#30 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\App\\Router\\Base.php(297): Magento\\Framework\\App\\ActionFactory->create('Magento\\\\Cms\\\\Con...')\n#31 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\App\\Router\\Base.php(158): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Router\\Base->matchAction(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http), Array)\n#32 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\App\\FrontController.php(50): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Router\\Base->match(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#33 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(58): Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController->dispatch(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#34 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(138): Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor->___callParent('dispatch', Array)\n#35 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\module-store\\App\\FrontController\\Plugin\\RequestPreprocessor.php(94): Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor->Magento\\Framework\\Interception\\{closure}(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#36 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(135): Magento\\Store\\App\\FrontController\\Plugin\\RequestPreprocessor->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#37 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\app\\code\\Amasty\\InvisibleCaptcha\\Plugin\\Predispatch.php(77): Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor->Magento\\Framework\\Interception\\{closure}(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#38 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(135): Amasty\\InvisibleCaptcha\\Plugin\\Predispatch->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#39 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\module-page-cache\\Model\\App\\FrontController\\BuiltinPlugin.php(73): Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor->Magento\\Framework\\Interception\\{closure}(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#40 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(135): Magento\\PageCache\\Model\\App\\FrontController\\BuiltinPlugin->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#41 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\Interception\\Interceptor.php(153): Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor->Magento\\Framework\\Interception\\{closure}(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#42 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\generated\\code\\Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor.php(26): Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor->___callPlugins('dispatch', Array, NULL)\n#43 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\App\\Http.php(135): Magento\\Framework\\App\\FrontController\\Interceptor->dispatch(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))\n#44 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\generated\\code\\Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http\\Interceptor.php(24): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http->launch()\n#45 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\vendor\\magento\\framework\\App\\Bootstrap.php(256): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http\\Interceptor->launch()\n#46 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\magento\\index.php(39): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Bootstrap->run(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http\\Interceptor))\n#47 {main}","url":"\/magento\/","script_name":"\/magento\/index.php"}

As you have already done this - session.save_handler = files

You also need to check below parameters in php.ini

session.save_path = "var/www/magento2/var/session" // value should be your magento2 root directory/var/session

Also you need to Edit env.php file:

'session' =>
array (
'save' => 'files',
'save_path' => '/var/www/magento2/var/session',
),

As you are moving site from production environment to local so in env.php you need to pass files in session and var/session as path

Then check it will works for you !

Thanks a lot for your help @Manthan Dave without you could not have solved this problem.

Just for the records and for others, apart from the php.ini and env.php I had to also modify the session.save_path in .htaccess & .user.ini found in the root of magento installation.

Hi @robertbits

Thanks for sharing the details , Glad to know that you have resolved your issue.

Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy

Here is also this article on how to fix "There has been an error processing your request" issue in Magento 2. I am sure, you'll find the solution there.