cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think my Cron is not working.

Think my Cron is not working.

I setup a new fresh clean install of 2.1  (Magento-CE-2.1.0-2016-06-23-02-28-50.tar.bz2) over the past week.  After several steep learning experiences from numerous reinstall (4) I was able to get a good working copy that works good so far.  The one thing that I am still struggling with is is the cron jobs.  I have scoured the site and read all the docs I could get my hands on for the problem and I am not convinced that my cron jobs are working properly.  I have manually ran them via command line (full SSH to the Debian Jessie box.) The log files still retain 0 bytes and the results from command prompt shows nothing. 

I set up several currencies to play with and set auto updates daily and so far there has been no updates.  My thinking is the job is not set to run or not running or something else and I am not sure how to put this in a debug mode so I can see for certain and do some testing.

For those who want to know what my cron job looks like I have these lines in use today.

# m h  dom mon dow   command
*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /var/www/<mysitename>/bin/magento cron:run | grep -v "Ran jobs by schedule" >> /var/www/<mysitename>/var/log/magento.cron.log
*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /var/www/<mysitename>/update/cron.php >> /var/www/<mysitename>/var/log/update.cron.log
*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /var/www/<mysitename>/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /var/www/<mysitename>/var/log/setup.cron.log

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Think my Cron is not working.

Hello Estreet,

Everything seems well, I have gone through this issue caused by permission. Tyr this one it might help you.

* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php70 -c /etc/opt/remi/php70/php.ini /var/www/html/bin/magento cron:run >> /var/www/html/var/log/magento.cron.log
* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php70 -c /etc/opt/remi/php70/php.ini /var/www/html/update/cron.php >> /var/www/html/var/log/update.cron.log
* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php70 -c /etc/opt/remi/php70/php.ini /var/www/html/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /var/www/html/var/log/setup.cron.l

first in admin of magento it warning you the Cronjob is not seting or not?if it is correctly set,their would be no warning(find  it in the top right corner)

also i think might be permission problems,you got to do crontab like this:

crontab -u apache -e

that means let  apache to do it

I had the same problem.  I eventually solved it by asking my host company to do it manually.  That cleared the message.

Few updates on this.

*) there is no warning message about cron.

*) I did see some items in the cron logs but it's been about a week since that happened.