cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS not showing rates

SOLVED

UPS not showing rates

Good morning,

Out of the blue, our checkout page stopped displaying UPS shipping methods (M2 v2.3.5 p2). Even after entering the full shipping address, the shipping method section keep saying "Please enter your shipping address first to see our shipping options."

Screenshot 2023-05-25 070732.jpg

After debugging, I found this error from UPS API - 302 Errorscreen_shot_2023-05-25_at_10.12.13.png

I have not changed anything under the admin, and the UPS Gateway URL is the same

screen_shot_2023-05-25_at_16.23.46.png

Please anyone would have an idea as of why this is happening? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: UPS not showing rates

Hello.

This began happening to us as well yesterday morning. It looks like UPS has decommissioned the legacy CGI rating API located at https://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi

As best as I can tell, no specific advance notification was provided to users. The closest thing would be the UPS API Security Model update notification sent out on Tuesday morning that referenced legacy APIs being discontinued at some point. In the case of the CGI API, it seems it was just 24 hours later.

You should be able to reconfigure the native Magento UPS extension to use the deprecated XML API rather than the CGI API.

Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Shipping Methods -> UPS

Change the "UPS Type" setting to "United Parcel Service XML"

ups-settings.png

Important: The XML API will require valid ups.com developer credentials. Specifically you'll need a username, password, and access key. You'll plug these into the extension's settings.

Important: UPS is discontinuing their support of access keys as an API authentication method and pushing users towards OAuth. They will stop issuing new access keys 06/05/2023 and will stop supporting access keys 06/03/2024. After 06/03/2024, you'll need to move away from the XML APIs and begin using their RESTful APIs.

GitHub Issue discussing the decommissioning of the legacy CGI API 

GitHub Issue discussing the need to update the UPS extension to support the new auth/API changes 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello.

This began happening to us as well yesterday morning. It looks like UPS has decommissioned the legacy CGI rating API located at https://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi

As best as I can tell, no specific advance notification was provided to users. The closest thing would be the UPS API Security Model update notification sent out on Tuesday morning that referenced legacy APIs being discontinued at some point. In the case of the CGI API, it seems it was just 24 hours later.

You should be able to reconfigure the native Magento UPS extension to use the deprecated XML API rather than the CGI API.

Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Shipping Methods -> UPS

Change the "UPS Type" setting to "United Parcel Service XML"

ups-settings.png

Important: The XML API will require valid ups.com developer credentials. Specifically you'll need a username, password, and access key. You'll plug these into the extension's settings.

Important: UPS is discontinuing their support of access keys as an API authentication method and pushing users towards OAuth. They will stop issuing new access keys 06/05/2023 and will stop supporting access keys 06/03/2024. After 06/03/2024, you'll need to move away from the XML APIs and begin using their RESTful APIs.

GitHub Issue discussing the decommissioning of the legacy CGI API 

GitHub Issue discussing the need to update the UPS extension to support the new auth/API changes 

Thank you very much @simssmithc3266, I switched to the UPS XML API and it worked.

If UPS is also going to shut down the XML API, I sure hope that M2 will implement RESTful APIs so we can continue using UPS ratings.

Hi, we use the XML API on our Magento, but it seems that they have decommissioned the XML API as well. I'm not sure if anyone else is facing the same issue, but it happened all of a sudden and today we are not able to use their service. 

Has M2 implemented REST API Yet. I could not find any such thing and UPS is saying that you need to connect to REST API outside of Magento.

Does that even make sense? Can anyone help with that?

Guys we are also facing same problem with Magento Opensource 2.4.4 with UPS from last 2 weeks.. 

Any Sol found, any clue to make magento UPS working rather than using some 3rd party sol?

Good morning.

Per this GitHub issue comment it seems that an updated UPS extension which makes use of the newer OAuth authentication scheme and REST APIs may be included in the Magento 2.4.7-beta2 release (October 2023).

Some sort of bandaid fix is also planned for users who are currently in limbo from not having generated legacy API access keys prior to the 06/05/2023 cutoff.

"You should be able to reconfigure the native Magento UPS extension to use the deprecated XML API rather than the CGI API."

What is the native Magento UPS extension? Please forgive my ignorance. We use the Ship Methods setting in Configuration.

We are also facing this issue. Thanks in advance.

The native Magento UPS module is "Magento_Ups". That's the module you'll see by default if you go to Stores -> Configuration, and then Sales ->Shipping Methods and scroll to the "UPS" section.

If you have previously obtained UPS developer API credentials (User ID, Password, Access Key) then you can configure the module's "UPS Type" setting to "United Parcel Service XML" and the module should be able to fetch rates from UPS's XML rating API.

We also facing a similar issue on Magento 2.2.6 version and tried all the suggested above steps but nothing is fruitful.

Could anyone suggest an alternate like 3rd party extension OR do we've to remove the UPS shipping method? While doing the checkout I got the below error on the shipping method list -

image.png

Double-check the UPS Gateway URLand credentials in your Magento 2 admin panel. Confirm that the URL is correct, and verify that your UPS account credentials (Username, Password, Access Key) are accurate. UPS occasionally updates its APIs, so it's possible that there have been changes.