Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - Product price in front end is different from catalog price in backend

URGENT - Product price in front end is different from catalog price in backend

Hi,

I need urgent help please.

I am on Magento 2.1.7

Problem 1: the catalog price is set for example €89  but in the front end, the item shows €71.77. 

what am I doing wrong?

Problem 2:   I am using PayPal as payment gateway. At the shopping cart, the tax is calculated wrongly and the final total amount is all wrong.

The same applies to any discount applied.

here are my configuration settings for tax calculations and PayPal payments:

configurations

configurations2

Paypal payment settings

configurations

5 REPLIES 5

Re: URGENT - Product price in front end is different from catalog price in backend

Hi Bene,

If you already regenerated all the indexes and refreshed cache, you are probably mixing up store views. We often see this mistake done by the clients.

Are you operating a single domain store or this is a multi-domain environment?

When you are in Configuration > Sales > Tax - try to change options in "Store View" in dropdown. Most likely you will see different settings in "All store views" and "Default store view". Same with product prices. If you are in single domain environment, you do not need to use "default store view" at all so your settings should have "Use system value" enabled (most of them have it disabled in your screenshots).

If you are in multi-domain environment, this issue will require some more investigation but you can start by checking those views and if settings are correct for each.

Hope this helps.

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

Re: URGENT - Product price in front end is different from catalog price in backend

Hi Finestshop,

Thanks for the response!

I only have one store so its a single domain store. I checked configuration-->Sales--->Tax

I do not see a place for the 'Store View' in there.

I am kind of new to magento. Can you point me to specific settings to check?

Thanks!

store view dropdown is in the left top corner: https://www.screencast.com/t/i2QK5AKdx

but before you check views, run 2 commands in ssh of your store:

php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:clean

this will re-index data and clean cache in case the problem is because your magento cron jobs are not configured. if those commands will fix the problem, ask your host or server admin to configure cron jobs for your store.

Hi,

Thanks! I finally fixed it by tweaking the tax configuration settings.

Everything works now. 

sounds good.

Happy e-commercing!