cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to bulk import product images

Unable to bulk import product images

I am unable to bulk import product images through CSV file. The product data imports just fine but when I upload the CSV file with image data, the data check runs indefinitely till the computer hangs. No error file generated. In import history it still shows as in progress even after days.
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unable to bulk import product images

Kindly import your CSV file using only two column,

Just SKU and image field. First keep only 1 row and gradually increase CSV file record size so you can get an idea where your CSV actually broke.

Using this approach you can add your CSV file with images.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

I have tried the same with just SKU and image column in CSV. Just 1 row. Problem still exists.

Are you importing local images or remote ones using URLs? For local make sure that images were before import uploaded to pub/media/import directory. For remote ones, open a few URLs in the browser to check if they are accessible and check if they are not direct php-requests (end with .jpg).

Verify your steps with this tutorial to see if you followed all the steps correctly.

Hello @rishma_lath,

Method 1: Import Images from the Local Server

1. On the Magento server, upload the image files to the pub/media/import folder. This is the default folder for importing product images.
    [magento installation folder]/pub/media/import 

You can use a different folder on the Magento server, as long as the path to the folder is specified during the import process.
  2. In the CSV data, enter the name of each image file to be imported on the correct row, by sku, and in the correct column according to image type (base_image, small_image, thumbnail_image, or additional_images).

Note: For images in the default import folder(/pub/media/import), do not include the path before the filename in the CSV data.

The CSV file must include only the sku column and the related image columns.
    CYGC1.png
  3. Follow the instructions to import the data.
    After selecting the file to import, enter the relative path following Images File Directory:
    /pub/media/import
    SMS9E.png
    If importing multiple images for a single sku, insert a blank row below the sku, and enter the additional image file names in the appropriate columns. The additional rows are understood to belong to the parent sku.

Method 2: Import Images from External Server

1. Upload the images to be imported to the designated folder on the external server.
  2. In the CSV data, enter the full URL for each image file in the correct column by image type (base_image, small_image, thumbnail_image, or additional_images).
    http://example.com/images/image.jpg
  3. Follow the instructions to import the data.

http://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/system/data-import-product-images.html

If you have any trouble then please let us know.
--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"

@gelanivishal

@jane_kulo

have followed instructions to the T as per the documentations and links shared. 

images were uploaded to  "xxx/public_html/pub/media/import" all images with permission 777

The csv file had just sku and image columns.

during import the images file directory was specified as "/pub/media/import" also tried with "pub/media/import"

when i click on check data, the "please wait" wheel runs continuously for hours till the backend hangs. 

nothing happens after that, no images imported. 

I checked import history,  under the process execution time it shows "in progress" . the status is same for image import processes i have tried weeks back too. 

Hello @rishma_lath,

Can you first try to import at least 5 item for it? If it's imported successfully then please try it for all data.

--
If issue is solved, Click "Kudos" & "Accept as Solution"

Yes, I tried with 10 items, then 5, and just 1 item in the csv also.. same issue.

Hello @rishma_lath,

Might be an issue in CSV. Please try after change sku and image name and export as csv and try it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r_0c_P3tX48o5gsR2Lj3y_-ez02UVZS_u-8PkuhFRwc/edit#gid=1175434...

--
If issue is solved, Click "Kudos" & "Accept as Solution"